how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thuynh0

join:2009-10-24
Vancouver, WA

Are my results typical????

So i just checked the setup page for my modem and noticed i got the update. After a day of super slow speeds, which I'm assuming were from the updates. I ran a speed test and consistently got these results. Is anybody else's results like this??

Im also getting full connectivity in utorrent. I checked and it said that my port is open and connectible.

w0g
o.O

join:2001-08-30
Springfield, OR

Yes, only port blocked by Clear that I'm aware of is 80. Your download speed is typical, your upload speed is twice what most people get. I average 10Mbps-16Mbps download and 1Mbps upload. See my results here: »Re: cpe150 firmware\software upgraded 2.00.22.06.86

thuynh0

join:2009-10-24
Vancouver, WA

wow i wish i had your DL speeds and ping haha.

What is your wimax cinr and rssi??

w0g
o.O

Springfield, OR
reply to thuynh0

quote:
WiMAX RSSI: -56 dBm
WiMAX CINR: 26 dB

buttwipe
Premium
join:2004-04-17
Gladstone, OR

1 edit
reply to w0g

how far away from the sending tower are you , i'm abot a mile and am getting 8-10 down and and about 1 up

rssi is -74

cnir is 20

w0g
o.O

Springfield, OR

1 edit
reply to thuynh0

I'm not sure, I am only able to guess the location of this tower is just across the freeway close to the rose garden/center (not a native of portland, so don't know the full name) - in that case about 1000ft is my guessitimate. I'm on the 6th floor of a building and have clear line-of-site in that direction.

knighthawktf

@clearwire-wmx.net

"WiMAX RSSI: -56 dBm
WiMAX CINR: 26 dB"
---

Wow I'm jealous

Typically i'm in the -64 to -68dbm range and 19-25db cinr range

Random note\tip for those in a window mount situation:
I can get like -63 to -64dbm and -22db to -26db if I tape the dam thing to the window in a 'perfect spot' (what a difference 1 and 1/2 inches can make), but that becomes a problem during the day due to the sun frying the router 82C when I caught it lol. Solved that problem by putting some paper in front of it for some shade and turning the vent side in to the room and in the same spot I then get the -68 and 20-23 numbers, but hey at least it doesn't burn itself up, 2 sheets of printer paper folded and interlocked and covering the baseboard area lowers the temp by about 25-30C, only have 1 folded sheet blocking the top area, found two near the tip produced further signal degradation, though not enough to go below 5 bars.

Better idea's for window mounting?

Btw it was my understanding that with rssi lower is better and cinr higher is better, 60-75 being the typical range on rssi and anything higher then 20 cinr being great. Can anyone confirm that? I ask cause I saw some dude in a youtube video claiming higher rssi is better and he was dude who resold clear service.

p110011

join:2001-12-29
Oregon City, OR

said by knighthawktf :

Btw it was my understanding that with rssi lower is better and cinr higher is better, 60-75 being the typical range on rssi and anything higher then 20 cinr being great. Can anyone confirm that? I ask cause I saw some dude in a youtube video claiming higher rssi is better and he was dude who resold clear service.

Your signal goes up, so does your signal to noise ratio....Check your positive/negative numbers.

knighthawktf

@clearwire-wmx.net

Thanks p110011.