Search similar:

uniqs

ajc18
aka IGnatius T Foobar
join:2000-05-06
Mount Kisco, NY

ajc18

Gotta love those jealous cable companies and their customers

FiOS is the best thing that ever happened to the last mile. It's an insanely great service. I'm convinced that all of the naysayers are either shills working for the cable company, or cable customers who are irate that FiOS isn't available in their area.

Seriously, give them some time. They're rebuilding their entire plant. That doesn't happen overnight, people. At the end of the day, they are in business to make money, not to cater to your whims. Verizon will eventually save money because the fiber plant is cheaper to maintain than the copper plant, but the transition is going to require a lot of time and a lot of money.

I fully expect Verizon to pick up the deployment pace again after The Obama Recession is over.

MrMaster
Rum Connoisseur
Premium Member
join:2000-12-16
St Thomas, VI

1 recommendation

MrMaster

Premium Member

said by ajc18:

FiOS is the best thing that ever happened to the last mile. It's an insanely great service. I'm convinced that all of the naysayers are either shills working for the cable company, or cable customers who are irate that FiOS isn't available in their area.

Seriously, give them some time. They're rebuilding their entire plant. That doesn't happen overnight, people. At the end of the day, they are in business to make money, not to cater to your whims. Verizon will eventually save money because the fiber plant is cheaper to maintain than the copper plant, but the transition is going to require a lot of time and a lot of money.

I fully expect Verizon to pick up the deployment pace again after The Obama Recession is over.
Leave the bullshit last line out. Recession started last year and in some cases 2007, not this year. Recessions are natural progressions of the business cycle. Only their severity or lack there of is reflected by the choices of governments and businesses.

If Verizon has already wired 99% of their highly profitable areas then they don't have much more to go now do they.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

1 edit

Bill Neilson to ajc18

Premium Member

to ajc18
Agreed about Obama

We need more of what Bush gave us economically. His 8 years saw our economy sour upwards
fischershaw
join:2005-04-30
Woodinville, WA

fischershaw to ajc18

to ajc18
I spoke with a Verizon employee a week ago about FIOS deployment in Washington State. It has been stopped for the most part. There are a few installations being completed, but nothing new. The claim is that they are waiting for the sale of this market.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory to MrMaster

to MrMaster
I agree about the bullshit last line. It wasn't needed.

Verizon hasn't already wired 99% of their highly profitable areas. They still have Washington, D.C. and many other communities to go.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to Bill Neilson

Premium Member

to Bill Neilson
said by Bill Neilson:

Agreed about Obama

We need more of what Bush gave us economically. His 8 years saw our economy sour upwards
I can't tell if you meant that typo intentionally or not ("sour", really?) but either way it's funny as hell!

(BTW, how can a president who took office in January 2009 be responsible for a recession that started in December of 2007? (Source: »www.nber.org/cycles/dec2008.pdf))

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

That is funny. Let me correct that
rahvin112
join:2002-05-24
Sandy, UT

rahvin112 to jjeffeory

to jjeffeory
People that put lines like that in their posts listen to fox news and complain about the "liberal media". They were convinced by the neocon's that the enemy that they need to fear is "liberals". They will seek to attack these perceived "liberals" at every opportunity by slipping in side comments to everything they do. As an example a poster the other day commented about the wall street journal being "liberal", yet is owned by Murdoch (who owns fox news) and is one of the most right wing rags bordering on lunatic level neocon fear-mongering.

The reality is that these people are afraid and are looking for something to fear. The right exploits that fear and redirects it to their causes such as refocusing the tax burden from the rich to the middle class with little regard to what that would eventually do to the country. Media outlets like faux news run constant publicity campaigns directed at invoking this "fear" in the these people to direct it to the popular cause of the day. IMO it's a disgusting abuse of naive individuals.
Beans5
join:2005-07-16
united state

Beans5 to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson
Ah no, our recession started as soon as Bush took office. O wait we did get 8 months of rest and peace.

heat84
DSLR Influencer
join:2004-03-11
Delray Beach, FL

1 edit

heat84 to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson
said by Bill Neilson:

Agreed about Obama

How ignorant that is. The economy was only soaring because of the greed that eventually imploded it.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin to ajc18

to ajc18
You do realize Verizon is making billions upon billions even as it builds out FIOS *and* LTE wireless.

Every other company laying down huge amounts of infrastructure, like for example cable companies making their initial coax plant, had to amortize the cost of their plants over decades. Verizon is able to pay for everything, both wired and wireless, up front. It`s just insane how profitable they are.

Other rural carriers have to borrow money to lay out fiber, but not Verizon. Seriously, all this money is being siphoned away from our economy just to line the pockets of execs and `investors`.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson to heat84

Premium Member

to heat84
I know. It is extremely ignorant blaming someone after 8 years of his terms but it is extremely educated to blame someone not even a full year into his term.

We get it. Bush is not to blame for anything, Obama is to blame for everything. Typical politics.

I thought I had seen it all when FakeNews was blaming Obama for the economy the day after he won the election.
vinnie97
Premium Member
join:2003-12-05
US

vinnie97 to rahvin112

Premium Member

to rahvin112
So you think spending oneself out of a recession is possible? Excellent.

More power to Fox News...the only news source (and #1 in viewership, I might add, don't be jealous) who doesn't bend over backwards for the admin and their version of the truth.
vinnie97

vinnie97 to Bill Neilson

Premium Member

to Bill Neilson
Dems were in charge of Congress since 2006 and turned their nose when warned about the incoming mortgage default doom. Just saying, it could have been headed off if someone acted THEN.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

Really, doing what exactly? Be specific now....

MrMaster
Rum Connoisseur
Premium Member
join:2000-12-16
St Thomas, VI

MrMaster to vinnie97

Premium Member

to vinnie97
vinnie97, why don't you head back to your "REDROOM" and argue your points there. Your posts are blatently biased and don't belong in a logical discussion on Verizon and FIOS.