join:2000-12-16
St Thomas, VI

1 recommendation

MrMaster to ajc18

Premium Member

to ajc18

Re: Gotta love those jealous cable companies and their customers

said by ajc18:

FiOS is the best thing that ever happened to the last mile. It's an insanely great service. I'm convinced that all of the naysayers are either shills working for the cable company, or cable customers who are irate that FiOS isn't available in their area.

Seriously, give them some time. They're rebuilding their entire plant. That doesn't happen overnight, people. At the end of the day, they are in business to make money, not to cater to your whims. Verizon will eventually save money because the fiber plant is cheaper to maintain than the copper plant, but the transition is going to require a lot of time and a lot of money.

I fully expect Verizon to pick up the deployment pace again after The Obama Recession is over.
Leave the bullshit last line out. Recession started last year and in some cases 2007, not this year. Recessions are natural progressions of the business cycle. Only their severity or lack there of is reflected by the choices of governments and businesses.

If Verizon has already wired 99% of their highly profitable areas then they don't have much more to go now do they.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory

I agree about the bullshit last line. It wasn't needed.

Verizon hasn't already wired 99% of their highly profitable areas. They still have Washington, D.C. and many other communities to go.
rahvin112
join:2002-05-24
Sandy, UT

rahvin112

People that put lines like that in their posts listen to fox news and complain about the "liberal media". They were convinced by the neocon's that the enemy that they need to fear is "liberals". They will seek to attack these perceived "liberals" at every opportunity by slipping in side comments to everything they do. As an example a poster the other day commented about the wall street journal being "liberal", yet is owned by Murdoch (who owns fox news) and is one of the most right wing rags bordering on lunatic level neocon fear-mongering.

The reality is that these people are afraid and are looking for something to fear. The right exploits that fear and redirects it to their causes such as refocusing the tax burden from the rich to the middle class with little regard to what that would eventually do to the country. Media outlets like faux news run constant publicity campaigns directed at invoking this "fear" in the these people to direct it to the popular cause of the day. IMO it's a disgusting abuse of naive individuals.
vinnie97
Premium Member
join:2003-12-05
US

vinnie97

Premium Member

So you think spending oneself out of a recession is possible? Excellent.

More power to Fox News...the only news source (and #1 in viewership, I might add, don't be jealous) who doesn't bend over backwards for the admin and their version of the truth.