uniqs
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to lkviewguy

to lkviewguy

Re: Fios deployment slowing

said by lkviewguy:

Agreements are meant t be broken. Telcos have a looooooong history of not living up to their end of agreements. I serious doubt the city of NY will be entirely wired by 2014 just because they said so.
The density of NYC makes it a no brainer. I believe there are fines involved if they don't hold the commitment.

I would be more worried about the franchise agreements that say 20 or 40 households per mile Verizon must wire with FIOS.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode

News Guy

The density of NYC makes it a no brainer. I believe there are fines involved if they don't hold the commitment.
The agreements are drawn up so that if Verizon doesn't see certain take rates, they can essentially drag out the deadline indefinitely. The fine penalties for missing these deadlines also erode over time, so by 2013 if Verizon doesn't want to wire -- say a big chunk of the Bronx, they have plenty of options.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

said by Karl Bode:

The agreements are drawn up so that if Verizon doesn't see certain take rates, they can essentially drag out the deadline indefinitely. The fine penalties for missing these deadlines also erode over time, so by 2013 if Verizon doesn't want to wire -- say a big chunk of the Bronx, they have plenty of options.
The only copy of the FIOS NYC franchise agreement online that I know of, and it was preliminary.

»breitbart.wordpress.com/ ··· omorrow/