how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tthnow

join:2006-06-07
Oakland, CA

50/10 - Just got banned.

Called in and ask why I have no internet access.

Please hold....oh you been ban for repeat offense.

Dspairl
Premium
join:2004-06-09
Norwich, CT

I'm sure there is more to this just that, if I remember right you were the one with the 1k upload after a couple of days of using your connection full bore. In those couple of days you probably uploaded atleast 1Tb of info and downloaded god knows how much on a residential line which will yield you being disconnected. But these are just my thoughts.

DToX69
Premium
join:2009-02-02
US
reply to tthnow

passed the 250GB limit i assume? that limit should be higher for 50/10 like 2TB month

perki

join:2008-12-01
Santa Maria, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by DToX69:

passed the 250GB limit i assume? that limit should be higher for 50/10 like 2TB month
Seriously your paying top dollar for fast speed, your gonna use more of the pipe one way or another.

But i want to see proof of the ban, because it seems a tad far fetched

gkar1

join:2001-03-29
Chicago, IL

2 edits

They've struck the perfect balance of capitalism and communism to benefit their bottom line. They sell you different speed tiers at different price points(capitalism) yet instead of increasing bandwidth limits along with the higher speed tiers they only allow you the same flat bandwidth ration as the lowest speed tiers (communism). A 50/10 tier is nothing more than an illusion with a higher price tag.

These residential bandwidth limits are designed to artificially stall, for as long as they can, the need for infrastructure upgrades and squeeze every last penny of profit out of their current infrastructure and their customers. It is evident that they CAN deliver 50/10 bandwidth and accordingly charge you for that premium, they just don't want you using it as you see fit.

Do what I did. Get a business connection to not be bound by bandwidth limits and run it at no less than 80% 24/7 to make sure you are getting your money's worth.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to tthnow

said by tthnow:

I stop counting after 6 of those! I was with Charter at the time. I plain ignored it. You just admitted fault!
maybe you continued your ways since leaving charter........

i bet theres way more to this...

heat84
Bit Torrent Apologist

join:2004-03-11
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to tthnow

If it wasn't for Bit Torrent I'd have no chance of getting close to the cap. I went a few GB over it once. Over 90% of the bandwidth used was Bit Torrent seeding. That was on 6/1, DOC SIS 3 went live here a month ago so its 12/2 now. So how far over the cap can you go before they'll go after you? It sounds like the OP did at least a TB.
--
Bit Torrent is my DVR.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

I think the "cap" is used as a legal point so they can't go after you for less but if you use more then they aren't barred

after that it depends on the area if its congested and the top users are res with over 250gb/month then they prun them off (I know some people that download over 500gb most months and no call)

but as gkar1 said bet a biz connection

nerdburg
Premium
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA
kudos:1
reply to tthnow

Repeat offender getting banned?

Bye!
--
[Insert Comcast employee disclaimer here.]

sortofageek