Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Wikkedfin
Premium
join:2008-11-04
Des Moines, IA

WNDR3700 - Problems

If you're having any problems(Bugs) with your WNDR3700 Please post them here.

Wikkedfin
Premium
join:2008-11-04
Des Moines, IA

2 edits

Hardware Version WNDR3700
Firmware Version V1.0.4.35NA
GUI Language Version V1.0.0.19

When i Enable Turn E-mail Notification On and the Logs are full and it tries to email... The WNDR3700 will lock up after two days or so...... So i have Disabled this feature and now everything is very Stable again!

Eebobb
Premium
join:2003-11-13
Floral Park, NY

I cant enable QOS by MAC Address or the screen turns white and it never makes the rule. Only issues I had

BillinNY

join:2002-04-09
Hyde Park, NY

4 edits
reply to Wikkedfin

Would be nice to mention firmware version when reporting quirks/problems here. Running what version / beta version?
I will be setting up a new WNDR3700 and would use this info in deciding what ver. to run with.

mb

join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

1 edit
reply to Wikkedfin

I found when using v1.0.4.35na that the web user interface gets sluggish and sometimes locks up when making several configuration changes; I reverted back to v1.0.4.31na and now no longer see that issue. Also, the QOS configuration interface is hosed under both versions.

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8

1 edit

said by mb:

I found when using v1.0.4.35na that the web user interface gets sluggish and sometimes locks up when making several configuration changes; I reverted back to v1.0.4.31na and now no longer see that issue. Also, the QOS configuration interface is hosed under both versions.
100% agree v1.0.4.35na locks up at random times while v1.0.4.31na runs great with no locks ups at all!

netgear3700

join:2009-10-02
toronto,ON

v1.0.4.35na locks up here too

Finalrinse

join:2004-10-23
Flat Rock, MI

1 edit

Mine locks up about once every week for no apparent reason. I have 3 PC's(1 wireless), 1 iMac wireless, NAS, (2) Tivo's, Xbox 360, Wii, iTouch, BD player, HD player, and a Davis weather station hooked up. Some of these devices are on a Netgear 8-port switch. It seems random when I boot a computer it freezes the router and then nothing works. A power off and back on brings it back. I have moved from D-link to hopefully eliminate problems, but.... Should I revert back to an earlier firmware?
I'm using V1.04.35NA

Finalrinse

Flat Rock, MI

Update- I just flashed back to V1.0.4.31NA. I will post as soon as I have a lock-up. Hopefully I won't have to post

FrostyMelon

join:2006-02-06
Colorado Springs, CO
reply to Wikkedfin

No lock-up's on my end, just a slow GUI.

emihelis

join:2008-08-18
North Brunswick, NJ

I lock up 2-3 times a day regardless of firmware. I tried V1.04.35NA and flashed back to V1.04.31NA. Neither was any better.

Ill add more info in case it helps resolve my mystery router lock up issue.

1) I do run a webserver that hosts a site with 1200 users. 100s concurrently isn't uncommon.
2) A sling box, but light use
3) 1 laptop connected wirelessly
4) 3 desktops hard wired

Was told to change the subnet ask from 255.255.255.0 to something else so I chose 255.255.240.0. That didnt help.

I posted this info to Netgear forums and now Netgear tech support has me waiting for an answer for 3 days.

Most people are reporting positive experiences, but the 2-3 lockups a day are killing me.

Im thinking my hardware is faulty, but I dont know.

Thanks in advance.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

said by emihelis:

I lock up 2-3 times a day regardless of firmware.
1) I do run a webserver that hosts a site with 1200 users. 100s concurrently isn't uncommon.

Most people are reporting positive experiences, but the 2-3 lockups a day are killing me.
The WNDR3700 [as a router] will not be capable of handling 100s of users concurrently via the site your hosting on your webserver. This product can handle 25 users and that could be pushing the envelope all depending on how your webserver dishes out stuff you host. IMO you're expecting far too much from this gear in view of the fact that you have the kind of load you've identified.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business

jerry666
Premium
join:2002-12-12
Sainte-Anne-Des-Lacs, QC
reply to emihelis

you're asking a 1/2 ton pickup to deliver 30 tons , don't think a consumer grade router is what you need , some prosafe netgear might be better

emihelis

join:2008-08-18
North Brunswick, NJ

I suspected that, but even at off hours when people are not on the webserver (I check it frequently) it still locks up.

jerry666
Premium
Sainte-Anne-Des-Lacs, QC

might be defective then , mine runs 24/7 updating 6 comps at night , Video being distributed to 3 or 4 comps media centers during the day , have not had a burp yet in a week of running .

staticfree6

join:2002-08-03
United State
reply to Wikkedfin

Hi, I've been running mine straight out of the box brand new with original firmware V1.04.31NA for one month now with very basic configuration and some MAC address reservations for all my PC's. Usinging WPA2 security. Not had any down times nor hickups at all. My only complaint is that the wireless RF signal does not seem as strong as all my other routers I had installed sitting in same exact spot. I read many claiming better signal strength with this router but I am finding it weaker than all my other routers that I've ever tried. It might just be that one spot I have it sitting at, but I cannot move it, so I leave it there for now. But I have not had any problems of reboots nor lock ups nor drops at all. It is working fine in that respect. Speed is okay too.

jerry666
Premium
Sainte-Anne-Des-Lacs, QC

do you have it on the stand ?

BillinNY

Hyde Park, NY

1 edit

Is the consensus with most users that signal strength is affected if the stand is NOT used? WNDR3700 new to me yesterday so I myself do not know yet.

jerry666
Premium
Sainte-Anne-Des-Lacs, QC

stand increased range/signal strenght on my setup

BillinNY

Hyde Park, NY

2 edits

Thanks for your input Jerry. I just went to router on stand. 8-)
By the way, have you noticed any interference, etc. if cable modem is within close proximity of the router.

jerry666
Premium
Sainte-Anne-Des-Lacs, QC

my modem is3 feet away , put it closer , not seeing any interference . But you never know , every setup is different

BillinNY

Hyde Park, NY

1 edit

I have seen zero interference from my modem which is inches away from the router.

OH, gained 1 bar on my 5G connection by placing the router in the stand! Router is 18' from my laptop and their is a hollow core wooden door in the path.

BillinNY

Hyde Park, NY

1 edit
reply to Wikkedfin

Internet Traffic Meter is NOT allowing me to select/Enable Traffic Meter. ?? I'm running out of the box firmware ver. V1.0.4.31NA .

USB Device connected to the USB port seems to work aok. I have used two different thumb drives. One USB2.0 and one older USB1.0 and both worked well. (so far?)

Just tried my Western Digital Passport 160 USB drive and it is works fine also.

RemyL75

join:2001-06-07
Chicago, IL

said by BillinNY:

Internet Traffic Meter is NOT allowing me to select/Enable Traffic Meter. ?? I'm running out of the box firmware ver. V1.0.4.31NA .
Internet Traffic Meter doesn't work for Cable Internet with the stock firmware. To use that feature, you have to upgrade the firmware to the beta version, 1.0.4.35NA

BillinNY

Hyde Park, NY

I'm going to steer clear of the beta firmware as I have heard it is problem ridden.

BillinNY

Hyde Park, NY

1 edit
reply to Wikkedfin

Setup my WNDR3700 Router yesterday. Ran into something today and hopefully one of you has a quick answer.. 8-)

My son came over with his XP laptop and we attempted to connect to my Netgears 2.4. While trying to connect XP pops up with the following message "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network NETGEAR2.4".
Anyway, the correct WEP key was typed on but this message kept showing and we were unable to connect to 2.4. I then proceeded to setup guest network b,g,n with WEP. Well, my sons laptop connected to that without an issue?? SO, apparently 2.4 has a setting that prevented connection and I need to change that setting or what?? Assist please..

BillinNY

Hyde Park, NY

I think this may be the cure for my above issue..
»helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/windows-···network/

staticfree6

join:2002-08-03
United State
reply to jerry666

said by jerry666:

do you have it on the stand ?
Hi, yes, I have it on its stand, standing up. It is most likely the tight spot I have it situated in.

banditz71
Premium
join:2001-04-03
Aubrey, TX
reply to Wikkedfin

No problems here with the latest firmware (.35)......also, attached USB HD works fine as well....but noticeably slower than when connected directly to the computer.

Very satisfied so far.........

--
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ / 2GB RAM , Speed of Light Broadband (Wireless) (Home) / Embarq DSL (Work) , Network= 9 computers running WinXP(SP3), Netgear Routers Home & Work, Firefox 3.5.5, Thunderbird 2.0.0.**pre

Finalrinse

Flat Rock, MI
reply to Finalrinse

It's been 20 days, still going strong!