Search similar:

uniqs
Finalrinse
join:2004-10-23
Flat Rock, MI

Finalrinse

Re: WNDR3700 - Problems

said by Finalrinse:

Update- I just flashed back to V1.0.4.31NA. I will post as soon as I have a lock-up. Hopefully I won't have to post
It's been 20 days, still going strong!

banditz71
Premium Member
join:2001-04-03
Aubrey, TX

2 edits

banditz71

Premium Member

said by banditz71:

No problems here with the latest firmware (.35)......also, attached USB HD works fine as well....but noticeably slower than when connected directly to the computer.

Very satisfied so far.........
Well, guess I'll have to take that back.....appeared to have a lock up a few days ago.....then again a little while ago while trying to copy a fairly large folder over to the HD connected to the USB port.

For those who went back to .31, did it keep all your settings? And did you do it just like when going "up" to .35?

jerry666
Premium Member
join:2002-12-12
Sainte-Anne-Des-Lacs, QC

jerry666 to YuRi

Premium Member

to YuRi
16 days over 600GB of data and no reboots . I just know somethings got to go wrong . They always do .
YuRi
Premium Member
join:2008-11-04

YuRi

Premium Member

What firmware you running?

jerry666
Premium Member
Sainte-Anne-Des-Lacs, QC

jerry666

Premium Member

BillinNY
join:2002-04-09
Hyde Park, NY

BillinNY to YuRi

to YuRi
24 days up and running and no lock ups, etc. Am running firmware V1.0.4.43NA.
jim47
join:2004-08-09
Mission, TX

jim47

BillinNY, Where did you get V1.0.4.43NA? It is not on the website nor does the router find it when it checks for an upgrade? Can you post the link to it? Thanks!

jerry666
Premium Member
Sainte-Anne-Des-Lacs, QC

jerry666

Premium Member

It's a beta that you can get through netgear support only , not for general release .

Homunculus
Pipsquack
Premium Member
join:2000-12-14
Uranus

Homunculus

Premium Member

said by jerry666:

It's a beta that you can get through netgear support only , not for general release .
Does the 43 beta fix the QoS MAC address issue?

»forum1.netgear.com/showt ··· &t=42091

banditz71
Premium Member
Aubrey, TX

banditz71 to YuRi

Premium Member

to YuRi
OK.....now running .43, as of this morning.....we'll see how things go.

Tech support stated the following:

The Beta Firmware V1.0.4.43NA fixes are time zones issue and enable QOS through MAC Address.

Homunculus
Pipsquack
Premium Member
Uranus

Homunculus

Premium Member

said by banditz71:

OK.....now running .43, as of this morning.....we'll see how things go.

Tech support stated the following:

The Beta Firmware V1.0.4.43NA fixes are time zones issue and enable QOS through MAC Address.
Good deal. I haven't bothered contacting them, since the QoS MAC address issue is well known and widespread, so I don't have access to their "beta" drivers. I know they are at least up to .47. Has 43NA fixed the QoS MAC address issue for you?

banditz71
Premium Member
Aubrey, TX

banditz71

Premium Member

Well, won't be able to give you any info on that.....I'm not using that function. The only real issue I've been having from time to time are the lock-ups during fairly large file transfers to an attached USB drive.....I was just "hoping" the newer firmware addressed that....but it appears it didn't. I'm now working with tech support "on" those lockups.

Homunculus
Pipsquack
Premium Member
Uranus

Homunculus

Premium Member

Ah... well that sucks.. hopefully they can fix the USB issue. A lot of people are having to deal with that too.

You could check the QoS MAC address issue though, without actually changing any settings...

Just go under QoS Setup, hit the Setup QoS Rule button, Add Priority Rule, then select MAC Address from Priority Category, and see if any of your other computers/devices show up?

Again... you could... lol

banditz71
Premium Member
Aubrey, TX

banditz71

Premium Member

You bet....I'll give that a try tonight.

In my last communication with tech support, she stated that engineers were aware of the USB issue and a fix would be coming shortly in one of the next FW releases....apparently "not" .43 . She's looking into a possible workaround and getting back with me in a few days.

Homunculus
Pipsquack
Premium Member
Uranus

Homunculus

Premium Member

Good deal!

banditz71
Premium Member
Aubrey, TX

1 recommendation

banditz71

Premium Member

Oops.....sorry about that, it sort of slipped my mind.

Anyway, it appears it works just fine.....it came up with a MAC Device List and the 4 devices currently attached are showing.

Hope that helps....
banditz71

banditz71 to YuRi

Premium Member

to YuRi
Regarding the USB HD issue, I just got this from Tech Support:

I really do apologize, the department is already aware on this as it is stated on the website but the firmware that should fix on this has no estimated date of arrival. For any updates on this you can always visit our website. In case I have a information for the release of the firmware, I will let you know as soon as possible.

Homunculus
Pipsquack
Premium Member
Uranus

Homunculus to banditz71

Premium Member

to banditz71
said by banditz71:

Oops.....sorry about that, it sort of slipped my mind.

Anyway, it appears it works just fine.....it came up with a MAC Device List and the 4 devices currently attached are showing.

Hope that helps....
Sure does! Thanks!

Hope they get that USB issue fixed and release a new firmware soon!

banditz71
Premium Member
Aubrey, TX

1 edit

banditz71 to YuRi

Premium Member

to YuRi
Disregard........

BillinNY
join:2002-04-09
Hyde Park, NY

BillinNY

Old news......... it has been out since 12/16/09.

banditz71
Premium Member
Aubrey, TX

banditz71

Premium Member

OK....
nubyOz
join:2010-01-05

nubyOz

Hi.
Unpacked mine and can not connect to any ethernet port (WAN/LAN). It goes through boot sequence but when cables are connected to either WAN and/or LAN ports the relevant LEDs are blinking slowly and the device on the other end for a short time seems to make connection (identifying...) but than "Cable unplugged".
I can connect via Wireless 2.4 and 5 GHz and there are no obvious errors messages apart from "Internet connection not found" or so.
Tried numerous resets.
My strong hunch is, the Switch chip is not working, will return under Warranty soon.
Just hope someone here can give me a hint if there are any hidden secrets. Scanned manual and forums up and down, no one else seems to see these symptons.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

I have the same cable unplugged message problem on a brand new 3700 I am trying to install. Had to reinstall the poorly performing Linksys.
nubyOz
join:2010-01-05

nubyOz

Hi,

Had mine replaced, the new one works great, no issues.
Must have been a faulty ethernet chip.

orestesd
@wellsfargo.com

orestesd to YuRi

Anon

to YuRi
Hi, I just want to tell here that I have a D-link 2310 router which is reverting to its default settings very frequently; thus, I was planning to buy this router to replace it if the D-link wireless router keeps failing.

Do you really recommend this Netgear router? I have seen 3 pages of problems with the router, and it is not a very encouraging proposition to buy it from my reading. I'd appreciate any comments. By the way, all my devices at home are G-wireless compliant.

Thanks and ciao.
RouterRooter
join:2001-11-22
Rockville, MD

RouterRooter

I have been running a WNDR3700 for a couple days that I picked up at Staples. It has firmware V1.0.4.31NA which I surmise is the orignial and out of date, but I have left it so far after the reports above from folks about the later issues. I have not tried the USB port or a wired connection yet.

I have found this device to work excellently. I have been running j-perf to measure and optimize wireless throughput a bit, and by using both bands (PC to router to PC, all wireless N but one on 2.4 GHz and the other on 5 GHz) I can get about 150 mbps at peak, a little less average.

The internal wirless in my four laptops all connect at 270-300 mbps on 5 GHz one story down from the WNDR. My desktop in the den behind a big HVAC duct is pickier and I had to spend some time moving its wireless adapter around to find a place where I can get 108-241 MHz links on 5 GHz. All locations get 300 mbps on 2.4 GHz easily.

The WNDR does take a while to boot up and start radios but this is only when I change a parameter. (Oh, I use wide channels for both freqs, obviously.) It has not reset itself once in 72 hours.

I'll write a note later if anyone cares about the USB adapters I tried with this, the Netgear WNDA3100 and the Linksys WUSB600N. Some issues there.

RR

orestesd
@wellsfargo.com

orestesd

Anon

So do you recommend this router? I will keep my eyes here to see if I should buy another router, this or any other which does give me the same problems as the D-link brand.
RouterRooter
join:2001-11-22
Rockville, MD

RouterRooter

More of a user experience than a recommendation. My points were only that wireless bandwidth is pretty impressive, range seems is OK on 5 and great on 2.4 GHz, and that with the stock FW and no USB, the unit is stable for me. And maybe to encourage people who have perceived range / bandwidth issues to do a little simple experimenting with their equipment (!) to get optimal results. Fun and free.

RR
TT81
join:2010-01-27
Eastern Mass

TT81 to orestesd

to orestesd
I recommend it, pretty much. Dual-band, range, and speed are great. Two operational issue I have encountered:

- No port mapping, only port forwarding
- Router logs can only be emailed via port 25, which is useless since my ISP blocks it.

Netgear support experience has been awful, on the log emails, after three exchanges over one week with three offshore techs they signed off with a "sorry we don't support that". Complete waste of time.

I replaced my D-Link DIR-855 with this unit, due to poor range of the 855 particularly on 5GHz. That router had much better setup features, and D-Link support was actually quite good (my first unit was one of the recalled units, replaced). But the range was just too lousy.
yleclerc
join:2009-03-15
Montreal, QC

1 edit

yleclerc to YuRi

to YuRi
I installed mine last Friday and tonight I needed to power it off / on before I was able to get the DNS to resolve.

Firmware level: V1.0.4.55NA