uniqs
keeska
Premium Member
join:2007-04-06
Sedona, AZ

keeska

Premium Member

How long to port a number to voipo?

I submitted my paperwork to port my AT&T CV number to voipo on September 9th. After opening two cases with voipo and calling them a couple of times the number still has not been ported. I received email from AT&T saying the number was being disconnected on October 27.

Is it normal to wait this long for a number port? Will the disconnect notice effect the number port?
Fisamo
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Apex, NC

Fisamo

Premium Member

Your best bet is to submit again to Voipo. Did they ever give you a cutover date? If not, ask them to tell you what ATTCV has told them. In the meantime, you might consider calling ATTCV support and ask them to look into your port-out case. They might be able to help you identify and fix the problem with your port-out request.
keeska
Premium Member
Sedona, AZ

keeska

Premium Member

voipo has never given me any dates. All they have said is they were looking into it. They did admit to making a mistake with the phone number being ported but I would have thought they would have caught that early on. I'll try AT&T CV tomorrow and see if they have any information on their end.
Fisamo
Premium Member
Apex, NC

Fisamo

Premium Member

Your experience does not sound like the normal one--the number transfer form is pretty straightforward, and my port form ATTCV was very smooth. If Voipo has admitted to making a mistake, they should have fixed it by now and should be able to give you an update on the status... Have you checked out their port status tool? It's here: »www.voipo.com/transfers.php
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
join:2006-06-06
Irvine, CA

1 edit

VOIPoTim to keeska

Premium Member

to keeska
Ports from ATT Callvantage are taking alot longer than usual lately (likely with them having the final round of ports).

We've had 10+ cases recently where Callvantage has missed port dates and unfortunately this means starting over in most cases.

Ports from other providers are completing within normal timeframes quickly so I can only assume that this is due to Callvantage being back up since they are closing and many waited until the last minute to port out.

Our hands are pretty tied in terms of when they release the number (even though some of their reps seem to think we can make it port anytime we want).

Definitely check in with CS, but it's likely just delayed.
keeska
Premium Member
Sedona, AZ

keeska

Premium Member

Update. Using the port link I see that the paperwork I submitted on September 9th was not sent to AT&T until October 26th. So either the information on the port link is incorrect or voipo ignored my request for a month and a half. I wish I could get a straight answer from voipo.
VOIPoTim
VOIPO.com
Premium Member
join:2006-06-06
Irvine, CA

VOIPoTim

Premium Member

said by keeska:

Update. Using the port link I see that the paperwork I submitted on September 9th was not sent to AT&T until October 26th. So either the information on the port link is incorrect or voipo ignored my request for a month and a half. I wish I could get a straight answer from voipo.
We process hundreds of ports per week so it's always possible someone didn't submit/update correctly or something went wrong, but the whole system is pretty tight with queues and reminders if something has been pending a while.

If you have a ticket number PM it to me or e-mail to tim @ voipo.com and I'll look into it more for you.
Fisamo
Premium Member
Apex, NC

Fisamo to keeska

Premium Member

to keeska
Does the paperwork submission date 'reset' if it has to be resubmitted due to a missed port date? I'd take Tim up at his offer by sending him a PM or an email - he'll definitely give you a straight answer.

I understand your frustration at how this is proceeding, but Tim has a great track record in getting resolution to issues raised by his customers.
keeska
Premium Member
Sedona, AZ

keeska to VOIPoTim

Premium Member

to VOIPoTim
PM sent.

Thank you.
keeska

keeska

Premium Member

Just to follow up. Thanks to VOIPoTim's help I have a phone number with the area code I need. And thanks to VOIPo support for cleaning up a glitch along the way.

I am pleased with VOIPo. For me it is a good alternative to the now defunct CallVantage service.
Fisamo
Premium Member
Apex, NC

Fisamo

Premium Member

Were you able to port your CV number, or did you have to get a new one?

Regardless, I'm sure you'll continue to be happy with Voipo. Maybe happier if you still have your 'old' number...
keeska
Premium Member
Sedona, AZ

keeska

Premium Member

quote:
Were you able to port your CV number
Unfortunately no. Don't want to get into the details but basically VOIPo messed up. They did get me another number in the same area code so it is still a local call for the people who used the CV number. Just gave those people the new one.

I am still very pleased with VOIPo's quality and overall service.