spc
uniqs
emihelis
join:2008-08-18
North Brunswick, NJ

emihelis to FrostyMelon

to FrostyMelon

Re: WNDR3700 - Problems

I lock up 2-3 times a day regardless of firmware. I tried V1.04.35NA and flashed back to V1.04.31NA. Neither was any better.

Ill add more info in case it helps resolve my mystery router lock up issue.

1) I do run a webserver that hosts a site with 1200 users. 100s concurrently isn't uncommon.
2) A sling box, but light use
3) 1 laptop connected wirelessly
4) 3 desktops hard wired

Was told to change the subnet ask from 255.255.255.0 to something else so I chose 255.255.240.0. That didnt help.

I posted this info to Netgear forums and now Netgear tech support has me waiting for an answer for 3 days.

Most people are reporting positive experiences, but the 2-3 lockups a day are killing me.

Im thinking my hardware is faulty, but I dont know.

Thanks in advance.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by emihelis:

I lock up 2-3 times a day regardless of firmware.
1) I do run a webserver that hosts a site with 1200 users. 100s concurrently isn't uncommon.

Most people are reporting positive experiences, but the 2-3 lockups a day are killing me.
The WNDR3700 [as a router] will not be capable of handling 100s of users concurrently via the site your hosting on your webserver. This product can handle 25 users and that could be pushing the envelope all depending on how your webserver dishes out stuff you host. IMO you're expecting far too much from this gear in view of the fact that you have the kind of load you've identified.

jerry666
Premium Member
join:2002-12-12
Sainte-Anne-Des-Lacs, QC

jerry666 to emihelis

Premium Member

to emihelis
you're asking a 1/2 ton pickup to deliver 30 tons , don't think a consumer grade router is what you need , some prosafe netgear might be better
emihelis
join:2008-08-18
North Brunswick, NJ

emihelis

I suspected that, but even at off hours when people are not on the webserver (I check it frequently) it still locks up.

jerry666
Premium Member
join:2002-12-12
Sainte-Anne-Des-Lacs, QC

jerry666

Premium Member

might be defective then , mine runs 24/7 updating 6 comps at night , Video being distributed to 3 or 4 comps media centers during the day , have not had a burp yet in a week of running .