Search similar:

uniqs
DocLarge
Premium Member
join:2004-09-08

DocLarge

Premium Member

[H/W] Possible Bricked 7970G CISCO IP Phone

I was working with a tech via phone and we were trying to get a 7970G to talk to the call manager. The phone kept failing the CTL update and failing to update the ip address, so he forced an update from his side. Unfortunately, he had my pull the power while is was still updating; when you power it up, all it now does is sit at the CISCO flash screen and the lights are just cycling.

Anyway to fix this via a direct connect to the 10/100 sw port on the back?

Jay
ladino
join:2001-02-24
USA

ladino

You may be out of luck ........ RMA the phone
cooldude9919
join:2000-05-29

cooldude9919 to DocLarge

to DocLarge
said by DocLarge:

I was working with a tech via phone and we were trying to get a 7970G to talk to the call manager. The phone kept failing the CTL update and failing to update the ip address, so he forced an update from his side. Unfortunately, he had my pull the power while is was still updating; when you power it up, all it now does is sit at the CISCO flash screen and the lights are just cycling.

Anyway to fix this via a direct connect to the 10/100 sw port on the back?

Jay
Is there some kind of recovery thing like with some cisco access points where it will try to copy an ios image from a specific tftp server upon bootup?
Total shot in the dark here.

sean9
@pfizer.com

sean9 to DocLarge

Anon

to DocLarge
»www.greenwireit.com/blog ··· o-7970g/
DocLarge
Premium Member
join:2004-09-08

DocLarge

Premium Member

Guys,

sorry I took so long to get back. In actuality, the phone was just looking to pull the image down from TFTP server on the network. I ended up taking the phone over to another location, swapped out their up-and-running 7960, plugged mine in, and it pulled down the configurations again.

I've got the phone back online and it's running.

Can you say *WHEW*?

Jay