All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Capt Pischar
join:2004-07-18

Capt Pischar to cp

to cp

Re: Clear in Chicago

I feel like I am going through the same old thing with Clear as I did with DSL. I live in Naperville and it turns out only half of Naperville can get Clear and the other part cannot and of course, the latter is where I live. We live in an unincorporated area which is surrounded by new subdivisions. We are always on the outside looking in, promised service that everyone else is getting but then the companies never follow through and we are stuck with nothing. I have been waiting for ages for WiMAX to come to us as it would be the perfect solution for my work. (if it works as advertised) But wait, a big clue there is that there has been NO advertising for this service and not even a mention in any Chicago newspapers. Hmmm....not a good sign in my book. So what I am asking is if anyone in Naperville can get Clear and has it, what is the service like, etc... and does anyone know when the rest of the town will go live? This last question is what I want answered but no one, not even Clear can help me on that issue....not good for a large company as this. So far, I'm not a happy camper and I don't even have the service yet....
LineNoise
join:2006-06-25
Downers Grove, IL
(Software) pfSense

LineNoise

Where in Naperville are you?

There's a tower off of Ridgeland Avenue (Naper and Ogden area) that's being equipped right now, if not already equipped. I haven't been by there in a few weeks. It'll be soon.

If you're off Royce, then yeah, I'll agree coverage sucks. It used to work fine there, but they did something in april/may that took out the coverage and it hasn't returned.

jtl
Premium Member
join:2002-02-14
Chicago, IL
Netgear CM1100
Netgear Orbi

jtl to Capt Pischar

Premium Member

to Capt Pischar
...But wait, a big clue there is that there has been NO advertising for this service and not even a mention in any Chicago newspapers. Hmmm....not a good sign in my book.
This week was Clear's "soft launch." The major marketing blitz starts at the beginning of December, so I was told by the retail guy.
Capt Pischar
join:2004-07-18

Capt Pischar to LineNoise

to LineNoise
I'm located in South Naperville between Book road and 59. Right behind Neuqua HS. Looks like I may have to wait until December then for coverage in my area? Oh, I'll wait as long as it works.