All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Darkk8
join:2003-10-03
USA

Darkk8

Email from Charter about adding Zip Code to login?

Did anyone else see the email from Charter about requiring your zip code now also as a part of your login, in addition to your email address and password?

I'm guessing that this only applied to the charter.net web based login, as I see no way to do this with a pop3 client, unless Charter is about to alter everyone's password?

Anyone have any real info on this?

Not that the charter.net web site is secure anyway, adding secure https access would have been a better idea. So would ssh access to the pop3 and SMTP servers, but I don't think Charter still supports this either, do they?
CharterJosh
Premium Member
join:2009-02-05
Chesterfield, MO

CharterJosh

Premium Member

Click for full size
Email Enhancements
We've had a lot of questions about this today. No this is not going to be required for any type of client login. As stated in the notice that went out (see above) this is only when checking email through Charter.net.

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA

msmisfit

Thanks! I was worried about that giving me problems with my software, because I don't use the most common programs. This is a relief.

Gaffe
Cable n. 1 A legal means of theft.
join:2003-09-25
Alexander City, AL

Gaffe to Darkk8

to Darkk8
It's so they know to display higher prices for markets with no competition.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to msmisfit

Premium Member

to msmisfit
said by msmisfit:

Thanks! I was worried about that giving me problems with my software, because I don't use the most common programs. This is a relief.
What kind of "uncommon" software could you possibly be using, that would effect signing in at Charters website, to access your e-mail, could you be using?

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA

msmisfit

I didn't grasp the "website" portion of the message. I don't use their webmail, so it didn't enter my mind.

FWIW, my mail client/browser is SeaMonkey.

Jason5321
@charter.com

Jason5321 to Darkk8

Anon

to Darkk8
Charter does offer secure smtp and imap!

»m.charter.com/GeneralEmail.aspx
Darkk8
USA

Darkk8

Extremely interesting about the IMAP, does that work on a desktop email client?

I know Charter used to allow IMAP, but terminated IMAP access when they set up the web mail app.

Any idea if SMTP access works when using secure access, i.e. you can use a user and password, to access Charter SMTP from outside the Charter network?
Rooke
join:2004-10-27
Redding, CA

Rooke

said by Darkk8:

Extremely interesting about the IMAP, does that work on a desktop email client?
Yes, I use IMAP in Outlook and Thunderbird to get to my AOL email accounts. It works quite well. But it works better in Thunderbird than Outlook.
Darkk8
USA

Darkk8

Yeah, I get that. I use IMAP at work too.

I was wondering if the Charter Mobile URL listed worked for desktop email clients in IMAP and or SSH too?