how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SuperWISP

join:2007-04-17
Laramie, WY

WISPs can only laugh at Clearwire's bumbling

WISPs have known for decades what Clearwire apparently doesn't: "low-E" windows contain metallic compounds that reflect microwaves! And Clearwire's spectrum -- hoarded for years by Sprint/Nextel -- isn't good at penetrating buildings, leading to slowness and customer complaints.

I've said this before, and I will say it again: Clearwire is the next Metricom. If I or someone else with real wireless experience were running the company, it might be possible to turn it around... maybe. But only maybe. It may be locked into an untenable business plan.

w0g
o.O

join:2001-08-30
Springfield, OR
I think they know about some of these problems, that's one reason they had the special in-home modem designed was to improve reception in doors.
--
www.aimless.us - irc.aimless.us channel #fix

durrrrr

@algx.net
reply to SuperWISP
Someone with "real" wireless experience, huh? You are aware of who actually started this company, right? I must assume that you know, since there's no way you'd say something so stupid without having checked.

And yet, you still said it. If there is one person on this planet that knows wireless tech, it's Craig McCaw.