uniqs
share rss forum feed

DavisPhotog
Flyingphotog
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-26
Rohnert Park, CA
reply to EG

Re: Is Comcast "throttling" torrent downloads in Oakland?

said by EG:

said by DavisPhotog:

Comcast seems to be throttling torrent downloads in Oakland, albeit not heavy enough to immediately suspect them as culprits.
Do you have any packet captures such as from the Wireshark application showing spoofed TCP resets to prove it ?
I would in fact like to get to the bottom of this. I can't seem to make WireShark work on OS X (it opens, says something about building a font library, and then closes). Can you recommend any alternatives?
--
I am the Flying Photog, see my website accordingly named Flyingphotog.com. User known formerly as zakooldude.

jlivingood
Premium,VIP
join:2007-10-28
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by DavisPhotog:

said by EG:

said by DavisPhotog:

Comcast seems to be throttling torrent downloads in Oakland, albeit not heavy enough to immediately suspect them as culprits.
Do you have any packet captures such as from the Wireshark application showing spoofed TCP resets to prove it ?
I would in fact like to get to the bottom of this. I can't seem to make WireShark work on OS X (it opens, says something about building a font library, and then closes). Can you recommend any alternatives?
Recommendation - start a new thread. Posting a new issue on a 115-page thread is unlikely to result in satisfactory troubleshooting by other users.
--
JL
Comcast

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21

1 edit
reply to DavisPhotog

said by jlivingood:

Recommendation - start a new thread. Posting a new issue on a 115-page thread is unlikely to result in satisfactory troubleshooting by other users.
Jason has a good idea here. I started to split your post(s) out to a new topic, but it was impossible to separate your two different subjects.

Try a new thread and post the requested info: »Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »How To Get Help!
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .