Premium Member
join:2009-08-31
Amerika

1 edit

Z80

Premium Member

You no speaky English?

said by AT&T hack :
give the false impression that AT&T doesn't offer service outside of their 3G footprint.
Uh, no, in TITANIC LETTERS it says 3G coverage. And the new ads clearly state that service is available outside AT&T's 3G service area.

STFU and quit whining. If they put 1/2 as much effort into deploying 3G as they do pissing and moaning, maybe their coverage wouldn't be so limited.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

Re: You no speaky Enlish?

American's are stupid. They see a colorful map and can't read. Verizon knew exactly what they were doing.

"given the debate has simply managed to push the ads (and AT&T's recent network issues) further into the spotlight"
Regarding this, I think they did what they wanted which was to get the word out that they have more coverage than what the 3G maps shows.
MRCUR
join:2007-03-09
Lancaster, PA

1 recommendation

MRCUR to Z80

to Z80
Exactly! After I complained on Twitter AT&T said come join the "conversation" on Facebook. I posted a comment on their wall and they came back saying VZW's ads are "misleading", "blatantly false", and "misleading". They're arguing VZW is making it seem as though the iPhone users/AT&T customers in the commercials act like they can't use their phones...

So I went to YouTube and watched the commercial again. Guess what, I still think VZW is being COMPLETELY CLEAR that they're talking about 3G (and only data at that).
MRCUR

MRCUR to r81984

to r81984
Are you saying AT&T wants to make sure everyone knows they have more 3G coverage than what their map shows?

I really hope not since that map is accurate. Not only does AT&T have far less 3G coverage than VZW, but a lot of places the 3G doesn't even work! My 3GS flips back and forth between five bars of 3G and EDGE all day long.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

1 edit

r81984

Premium Member

They want everyone to know they have way more Voice and Data coverage than that 3G map.

If American's were not stupid and understood what 3G is then this would not have been an issue, but ATT knows that Americans are stupid.

ATT is definately justified with ensuring that everyone understands they have more coverage than that map.
Expand your moderator at work

Z80
1 point 77
Premium Member
join:2009-08-31
Amerika

1 recommendation

Z80 to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984

They read just fine. AT&T is just pissed that VZW is pointing it out to them.
Z80

1 edit

Z80 to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984

Americans aren't stupid. That is why AT&T is bent that VZW is pointing out the truth about their 3G coverage.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
said by r81984:

American's are stupid. They see a colorful map and can't read. Verizon knew exactly what they were doing.

"given the debate has simply managed to push the ads (and AT&T's recent network issues) further into the spotlight"
Regarding this, I think they did what they wanted which was to get the word out that they have more coverage than what the 3G maps shows.
Or they can read but assume a 3G phone won't work outside the 3G coverage area because they don't know jack about technology. 3G is just a buzz word for the new phones to many people. I have seen many own a 3G phone but have no idea what 3G is LOL.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
I don't think we are stupid....we just have people who refuse to accept reality and thus find all the excuses in the world to see otherwise

Ok, so maybe a little stupid then
sharksfan3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16
North Hollywood, CA

sharksfan3 to Selenia

Premium Member

to Selenia
said by Selenia:

said by r81984:

Or they can read but assume a 3G phone won't work outside the 3G coverage area because they don't know jack about technology. 3G is just a buzz word for the new phones to many people. I have seen many own a 3G phone but have no idea what 3G is LOL.
This is exactly the issue. The people with the "AT&T devices" in these ads are giving the vibe that their phones don't work AT ALL.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984

said by r81984:

They want everyone to know they have way more Voice and Data coverage than that 3G map.

If American's were not stupid and understood what 3G is then this would not have been an issue, but ATT knows that Americans are stupid.

ATT is definately justified with ensuring that everyone understands they have more coverage than that map.
But there is no reason to spend millions of dollars and wasting the court's time in trying to get Verizon to pull the ads. They are true, accurate, and AT&T has no legal basis to get them pulled.

As many others have stated, AT&T needs to quit their baby whining and use the money to help build out their 3G and put more blue on that map to rival Verizon. But, unfortunately, CEO's are nothing but a bunch of two year olds these days.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to Z80

to Z80
Exactly. People know they can't watch YouTube vids worth a darn on AT&T 2.75G (EDGE) but it works great on Verizon 3G (EvDO).
iansltx

iansltx to sharksfan3

to sharksfan3
Weeeelllll...that's sorta true anyway, right?

FULL DISCLOSURE: I have an AT&T 3G card and am rather dissatisfied with its service here in the Denver area. Works fine elsewhere though.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia to iansltx

Premium Member

to iansltx
said by iansltx:

Exactly. People know they can't watch YouTube vids worth a darn on AT&T 2.75G (EDGE) but it works great on Verizon 3G (EvDO).
Depends on the area I guess. EDGE is utter crap in 1 part of town(but good enough for browsing and mild audio streaming). Youtube works well in the rest of the area, for the most part. AT&T will give you a higher figure of average EDGE speed, but one can expect about 140 kbps(enough for Youtube mobile) around here, if congestion is not an issue(by my observations over a good period). YMMV. Maybe noteworthy is I am close to a UMTS/3G area, even though I'm not in one.