join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

1 recommendation

Matt3 to jmn1207

Premium Member

to jmn1207

Re: Ok, now I'm confused

said by jmn1207:

If Verizon is including 1xRTT as 3G on their map, but omitting Edge service on AT&T's map, this could be an issue that may require a bit more clarification in the ads, new maps, or pulling the ads from being shown.
They aren't. They colored their 3G map red for the commercials, but if you compare the map in the advertisements to the 3G map on their website, it's the same map. I'm guessing they did this because the 3G map on their website is a dark blue and AT&T's 3G map is blue. To further cloud the issue, their 1xRTT map is red ... so I think a lot of people are confused. Especially since they just about have as much 3G coverage as they do 1xRTT. Their map doesn't change all that much when selecting between the two.
Matt3

Matt3

Premium Member

Click for full size
1xRTT
Click for full size
Commercial
Click for full size
3G
This may help. Here are Verizon's 3 maps. As you can clearly see, it's their 3G map, but colored like their 1xRTT map, I'm sure since their brand color is red and AT&T's is blue.

It's hard to tell in some of the continental US areas, but Alaska is a very easy to see example. They didn't even include their "Extended Enhanced Services" in the 3G map in their commercial, even though they do on their website.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

So VZW is being CONSERVATIVE on their 3G coverage, and still winning by a landslide. Go them.