All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

btur389w
join:2009-09-22

btur389w to Brutus1234

to Brutus1234

Re: PBS Sprout Gone from U200 Package?

The PBS Sprout channel was never included in the U200 or lower packages.

That being said, as has been mentioned earlier, you may have been receiving the Sprout channel for free. AT&T routinly updates is databases to ensure its accuracy, and in such a update, the system must have seen that you were getting this channel when you weren't supposed to and just simply stopped sending you the stream information.

If you wish to get PBS Sprout, you will need to upgrade to the U300 package or greater.
Brutus1234
join:2002-01-26
Utica, MI

Brutus1234

I have been using only the "Free On Demand" Sprout, never used the channel itself - you might be right that the channel has never been part of U200.

It's the Free on Demand that all of a sudden changed this week and now tells me that it requires a package upgrade.

But this is only part of a continuous reduction of channels. I've actually lost track of how many channels have been dropped. I know HDNet, HDNet Movies are dropping now. I believe we lost 2 other HD channels a couple of months ago, was it Universe HD? I just can't recall.

I'm not asking for a lot. I accepted the contract, I pay my bill. I've never asked for anything to be added.
Why do I have to accept stuff being taken away?

If the program wasn't available anymore, it would be one thing. If I had it yesterday and not today and you want me to pay more for it, then there's something wrong.

I have WOW, Comcast and DirecTV all available to me with comparable packages ( WITH SPROUT ) cheaper than UVerse even after the promotional period ends and much cheaper during the promotional period. I've priced them all. Why would I put up with this?

I already canceled my service. Sending equipment back Monday.
texasguy37
Premium Member
join:2009-05-18
Grand Prairie, TX

texasguy37

Premium Member

You will be missed.