jwey20 to Hwnsista

Anon

to Hwnsista

Re: [Scam] Ebay Motors Scam

Watch out for this one jessica_elliott112@comcast.net

Hello there ,

First of all here are some details you may want to look over :

Price : $ 2,930
This car is in excellent working conditions, no  scratches.
flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions
VIN:      1N4AL11D32C170282
Mileage:     88,200 miles
2002 NISSAN ALTIMA LEATHER SUNROOF ALLOY WHLS NEW TIRES
Power Windows    Air Conditioning    AM/FM Radio
CD    Power Steering    Cruise Control
Power Door Locks    Leather          
Power seat
Power Seat Driver                    
Air bag
Dual Air Bags
MORE pictures can be found at : »img694.imageshack.us/gal ··· 3743.jpg

I'm glad to see your interest in purchasing my car.(2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL - price : $ 2,930 )
What can I tell you in a few words is that I am an individual seller, I am not a dealer and this is my first type of posting

usinging Craigslist. The car that I have for selling is mine , it is personal property and I am going to sell it because I was

promoted to my work and in the same time they gave me a new car for work and moving for my needs. In conclusion, I don't need two

good cars for the moment and I decided, after a discussion with my husband (sometimes is very difficult to be persuasive, you know

what I mean) about selling my car, because it is sensles to keep the car only to occupy the garage.
The final price that I want for this car is $ 2,930 , so let me know if you are interested so i can provide more details.

As for payment : I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them .According with  eBay you have 5 days
from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not, in this time ebay will escrow the money
to their own account.You will probably think that this is little risky , and I understand your concern ,I thinked like this when I

did deals in the past.
But after I give it a try I never got problems and i was sure that the method was the safest, fastest and fairest method to deal
over internet .I also understand that you can't trust in some one or a some method of transaction until you make one or 2 deals. I
put myself in your place and by the situation that you receive the merchandise before the seller receive the money is an excellent
method that assures your money( the buyers money).

The reason i want to make it this way is that i just relocated in Manhattan,New York ,and i have the car here with me ready to be

shipped.

So here is how it will work:

1.First of all I will need  the following details from you:

- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address

2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a
refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do
whatever you need to the car.
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the car,  eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up
my car.

Have A Great Day.
Jessica

I have found the listing on craigslist multiple times in states that aren't even close to new york, and I'm almost 100% sure it's a scam so watch out. It use the same general things, eBay motors, car descriptions, shipping the car, but an admittedly more believable story so watch out. Just though I would post the email address and "story" that "she" gave me so that one of these immoral, and terrible people do not steal hard earned money from someone, especially a young person like me who, worked during high school to earn their money through minimum wage, which would be terrible.

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy

Premium Member

said by jwey20 :

Just thought I would post the email address and "story" that "she" gave me so that one of these immoral, and terrible people do not steal hard earned money from someone,
Mahalo for taking the time to post the "story", it might just save someone from getting ripped off.
When someone who is selling any large ticket item that has a "story" to explain the circumstances surrounding the sale it must be considered a work of fiction in this day & age.
bottom line: escrow via eBay & a story = run away as if the devil himself were selling the item.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to jwey20

Premium Member

to jwey20
said by jwey20 :

Hello there ,

First of all here are some details you may want to look over :

So here is how it will work:

1.First of all I will need the following details from you:

- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address

2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay

I have found the listing on craigslist multiple times in states that aren't even close to new york,
eBay doesn't work that way. You are making a purchase via email instead with absolutely zero protection from/through eBay at all and that is the scam indicator. "Nothing" on Craigslist or any other web site is a legitimate vehicle purchase with EPP from eBay as there is no direct eBay involvement unless there is a Buy it Now or Bid Now Auction link to »www.motors.ebay.com/ and you must go to eBay Motors, log in, then select the vehicle clicking Buy it Now or placing your bid.

For eBay to be involved you must initiate/make a vehicle purchase at eBay Motors using your eBay account or else it is 100% a outright scam when they try to tell you they will contact eBay on your behalf.

emy7105
@myvzw.com

emy7105 to jwey20

Anon

to jwey20
my husband saw the same postings and I started researching because it didn't sound right...and the amount of money is weird 2930...why not just 3000. After checking the vin # doesn't check out and more than one car came up for that number and vins can only be used for one vehicle....unless of course there is something illegal involved. Thanks for posting.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

A telltale sign of a scam on ebay is where the entire ebay ad is clickable! The dealer creates an image that blows out the entire ebay page, essentially replacing it with the dealer's own page. Anywhere you click takes you to his website so you're no longer dealing with ebay.
Whip5
join:2009-01-23
Califon, NJ

Whip5

said by sbrook:

A telltale sign of a scam on ebay is where the entire ebay ad is clickable! The dealer creates an image that blows out the entire ebay page, essentially replacing it with the dealer's own page. Anywhere you click takes you to his website so you're no longer dealing with ebay.
You mean their own presonally styled site or their own eBay 'clone' site?

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

ebay cloned site

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to Snowy

Premium Member

to Snowy
said by Snowy:
said by jwey20 :

Just thought I would post the email address and "story" that "she" gave me so that one of these immoral, and terrible people do not steal hard earned money from someone,
Mahalo for taking the time to post the "story", it might just save someone from getting ripped off.
When someone who is selling any large ticket item that has a "story" to explain the circumstances surrounding the sale it must be considered a work of fiction in this day & age.
bottom line: escrow via eBay & a story = run away as if the devil himself were selling the item.
and boy was it a long-winded story! She's been selling that car all over the US using craigslist. It's only still up in a few cities, but she posted like a madman!

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by pcdebb:

and boy was it a long-winded story! He's been selling that car all over the US using craigslist. It's only still up in a few cities, but He posted like a madman!
Fixed that for you. He is a madman, btw.