how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ssr

@verizon.net

Call Centric

All,

I am having issue with my Teleblend inbound since 50 days. My outbound works. Teleblen did not fix the issue. I want to move from Teleblend as they proved to be inefficient in rectifying the problem. But at the same time, I dont want to looase my number that I have with Teleblend.

After reading thru some of the Forum Topics here I leanrt that Call Centric works like tiger to get the number transferred but I am not sure how best Call Centric is. Do they have monthly plan or do we have to sign up with them for one year as a contract. I could not find clear info on theri web site regarding contractual times.

Call Centric website do not provide any support phone number to call them and register with them. I wonder without live tech support number how can they provide best service compare to other VOIP providers such as Vonage and Teleblend but I am not sure what the experts here feel about Call Centric compare to TB or Vonage.

If CC is very good in getting the number transferred compare to others. Please advice. I once had a number transfer request from TB to Vonage but that did not go thru after Vonage tried for 2 months. The issue Vonage tells is 'BTN is not matching' message is coming when they tried to transfer. Not sure what went wrong. I posted thread related to that in the past at »Number Transfer Issue from Teleblend to Vonage

But now I have cancelled that Vonage - TB number transfer request. Now I can nto stay with TB as my inbound does not work. SO want to move to a good VOIP provider that do not have any yearly contractual terms and that is very good in getting the number transfers done.

Please help.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

The plans available are listed on their website. They answer their ticketing system available online very quickly in terms of VOIP answers. Maybe no phone number but I have never had a problem with their response time on tickets.
For me it does just seem to work. YMMV

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to ssr

No contracts.

For inbound you have choice of PAYG or flat rate.

For outbound you have the same choices, PAYG or flat rate.

You can mix and match.

But keep in mind, as a TeleBlender, you have had everything done for you---or to you.

With CallCentric you will be graduating to the responsibility (and freedom) of getting your own adapter.

It's not hard, and their setup instructions are very good.

I love CallCentric....

But if you want another plan like TeleBlend where everything is set up for you plug-and-play, then look at PhonePower.

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·Anveo
·Shaw
reply to ssr

Callcentric is indeed an excellent VoIP provider with a very good reputation for porting numbers. However, as PX states, you will need to purchase and configure an adapter.

If that is not something you're interested in doing, you may also want to consider Future-Nine. They will sell you a pre-configured adapter if you wish, and they also have an excellent reputation for porting numbers.

As far as comparing Teleblend and Vonage to other providers, according to »/gbu , there are a great deal of providers with much higher ratings than these two. In fact, Teleblend doesn't even make the list.

Good luck!

m.
--
Who is the best VoIP provider? | Which ATA should I buy? | Dial Plan Tips and Tricks

ssr

@verizon.net
reply to ssr

All,

Thanks for all the replies.

I understood about adaptor. Do they atleast sugest what kind of adaptors to buy. Or may be I can reuse some of the adaptors I have if it is compatible to use.

dyrewolfe

join:2009-08-02
Durham, NC

here is a list of supported devices with setup instructions.

»www.callcentric.com/support/device/

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
kudos:12
reply to ssr

The PAP2T is arguably the most popular adapter and an excellent choice. But, any common adapter should work with Callcentric and Future-Nine, if it is unlocked.

m.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to ssr

Another vote for the PAP2T-NA.

Another option is the Grandstream Handytone 286. The 286 is a nice little workhorse, available for about $ 35 including shipping. Only downside is no customizable dial plan.

Please do NOT buy your adapter on eBay.

eBay is where you can catch STD (Substandard Telephony Devices).

alancurry

join:2006-10-02
Cedar Park, TX
reply to ssr

I'm currently evaluating Callcentric. I signed up for one of their Dirt Cheap DID Numbers and I'm doing PAYG for both inbound and outbound for the test. So far, I've spent $18. In my mind, that's fairly cheap compared to moving and hoping for the best.

So far, I haven't had any issues with the service and all questions from support have been answered promptly.

I also have a PAP2T-NA but that's not required for evaluation. You can use Callcentric's softphone. The PAP2T-NA is very easy to setup using Callcentric's instructions. Like everyone said, buy from a reputable online source like Amazon, VoipSupply, etc.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom
reply to ssr

said by ssr :

After reading thru some of the Forum Topics here I leanrt that Call Centric works like tiger to get the number transferred but I am not sure how best Call Centric is....

SO want to move to a good VOIP provider that do not have any yearly contractual terms and that is very good in getting the number transfers done.

Please help.
Now that everyone else has done your homework for you ... are you getting the message?!?!

You could have resolved your concerns simply by viewing this BBR page: »/gbu. CallCentric is at the top of the VoIP Review list for a reason ... and if you click on the "27 recent reviews" option on the right side of the CallCentric line, you will note 80 postive and zero negative reviews. Reading through the reviews will give you every answer you seek.

Incidentally, I too favor the PAP2T-NA adapter.

Stewart

join:2005-07-13
kudos:24
reply to ssr

said by ssr :

I am having issue with my Teleblend inbound since 50 days.
Please describe the problem: What does caller hear (voicemail, busy, reorder, wrong number)? Quickly, or after a long delay (system gives up trying to contact your gizmo)? Have you checked that forwarding/blocking is turned off for your account? What kind of gizmo do you have? ISP is FiOS, DSL, other? If you have ISP-supplied router, have you tried connecting the adapter directly to your modem?

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

1 edit

Re: TeleBlend issues

Stewart, your usual excellent diagnostic analysis isn't that relevant in this case.

There are a whole boatload of similar complaints on the TeleBlend forum in recent weeks. For example:

»Teleblend number not in service

I aggregated some of them:

»Re: Scary VoIP stuff for Halloween

This seems to be a systemic problem for TeleBlend and also may involve issues with CLEC's.