Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nickfie

join:1999-11-23
Wynnewood, PA
reply to Ikyuao

Re: [Info] IE8 Unleashed on Windows 7

I agree - Linux has had auto-tuning for years.

Consider raising your upper limit above 512 KByte - it is too low in many situations, and the TCP stack will only use as much memory as it needs. In our company the standard upper limit for Linux servers is several MBytes to support 20 Mbps Asia-US links. Even higher limits are required for good throughput on regional GigE links.

Also, choose your congestion algorithm carefully. A good one will provide rapid recovery from intermittent lost packets. I haven't worked in this area in a few years, but I recall that BIC was good on newer kernels & Westwood on older ones.

Ikyuao

join:2007-02-26
Wichita, KS

1 edit
I said that I'd set maximum transfer buffer is 512MB that is completely optional for the FUTURE of generation of network hardware upgrades in a case while that I set 64KB for default buffer level as normally and on side of maximum of buffer is 512MB that I set that is totally completely optional in a case when I making network hardware upgrades then that will be sufficient enough to handle a load of bandwidth and high latency of the network connection. And I use scaling TCP congestion control provider.
--
Professional Linux environmental blows microsoft windows out of the water.