spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Yankees77
join:2009-10-15
Tampa, FL

Yankees77

40/5 "Road Runner Lightning" tomorrow

New speed tomorrow ...40/5 , $50 install, $30 more monthly swap out equipment to wireless router.. DOCSIS 3.0 is here!
vasta
join:2003-04-07
Orlando, FL

vasta

I'd rather eat buckets full of dirt for the next 46 and a half years then pay Brighthouse another $50 1 time and $30 extra a month

I'll wait for the competition(yeah right) then drop them
Dallows
join:2001-01-01
Apex, NC

Dallows

Where though? All over? I'm in Tampa.

I'm not a fan of the $20 increase a month or the $50 install fee.

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy

Just talked to a support rep, RR Lighting speeds of 40Mbps download 5Mbps upload, is going to be $ 15-30 more a month Depends on your plan, plus a one time $ 50 install fee includes a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem, the SMC SMCD3GN-RES DOCSIS 3.0 Draft-N Wireless Residential Cable Modem Gateway, active 802.11N and 4 port 1Gbps router, RR Lighting only available to triple play customers. NO downgrading fee just return the modem to a brighthouse store. Sign up Starts 11-20-2009

Check out the NEW modem »www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=view···pid=1680

Randall
@rr.com

Randall to Yankees77

Anon

to Yankees77
Ries the modem support G also? I need 3 connnection desktop, blu-ray, repair bench so when I am fixing computers.

I am scare to get a wireless modem/router from BHN cause they came out and gave me a Netgrear Wireless-G router WGR614 which is great for surfing the net.

However couldn't copy 100mb file from frop laptop to PC over my home network without dropping connection.

I hooked up my Linksys WRT54G no issues. Why did I get the wireless router from BHN you ask?

I was having issues with my cable and when they reworked my bill to make me happy they offer free wireless hookup.
Randall

Randall to Yankees77

Anon

to Yankees77
I am the first person to call in the Pinellas county area LOL. They weren't expecting someone to call at 8:30am and the computer was unable to set it up. She noted my account and says will call me back with a time for the install.

The lady said today is the first day to sign up but they can't install until November 30th. She told me I could hook the modem to my linksys and get G speeds like my current modem.

This will work for my laptop until I decide to replace the network card in my laptop or get a usb wireless N adaptor.

I dropped Starz which saves me $11 so RR Lighting will cost me $3 more a month.

I won't be missing Starz it looks crappy anyway and I hardly watch it.

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

Good for you Randall, post your new speed test results when you get hooded up. I wonder if it will be a FULL 40-5Mbps or something like 38.5-4.5Mbps. quadband DOCSIS 3.0 is upon us long live DOCSIS 3.0.

Randall
@rr.com

Randall

Anon

They called me back and told me I couldn't drop starz and that it would cost me $189.95 a month. If I did drop starz I would lose cinemax but wouldn't be saving anything,

I decided to wait then. I pay around $175 now and doesn't see the need to pay $190. Hell I get 7-12mb on my 20mb connection.

VisionJD
@rr.com

VisionJD to Yankees77

Anon

to Yankees77
I signed up today. Support person was very friendly and helpful. Confirmed 40/5 with her. Kind of bummed that there had to be an on site installation. Would rather have done a modem swap at the office. Now I just need to wait for the installation.

On a side note, I must be one of the lucky ones that always gets the speed that I pay for. This is in Tampa. Never had any real congestion problems.

Edrick
I aspire to tell the story of a lifetime
Premium Member
join:2004-09-11
San Diego, CA

Edrick to Yankees77

Premium Member

to Yankees77
Is this available in Orlando?

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

NO Unfortunitly RR Lighting is not avaviable in CFL, i guss there is no fios in CFL and U-verse Internet Speeds ranges from 3 Mbps to 18 Mbps.

kfsutops
Premium Member
join:2002-08-19
Lutz, FL

kfsutops to Yankees77

Premium Member

to Yankees77
Does this new equipment work with their phone service? The modem I have now includes the phone stuff.
SunnyFL8
Premium Member
join:2001-02-08

SunnyFL8 to Edrick

Premium Member

to Edrick
said by Edrick:

Is this available in Orlando?
Still waiting on it. BHN Tampa Region has Verizon Fios to compete against that is why they are upgrading that area.

I would assume BHN Central Florida will upgrade to 3.0 some day.

They would move faster upgrading CFL if ATT or a different competitor would give them a run for there money like Verizon Fios is.

Docsis 3.0 is expensive right now. Soon that will be the standard and all MTA's and Modems will be 3.0 and the prices and speeds will come down.

bigdaddy

bigdaddy to kfsutops

to kfsutops
You will have to use 2 modems, the new DOCSIS 3.0 for internet and the you have now for digital phone. I think it is good to to have two modems, one because if the internet is down you still have digital phone, two if the digital phone is down you still have the internet, you see its a one two punch lol.

botld92z
@rr.com

botld92z

Anon

problem is, if your modem is not connecting to the internet it's probably a cable issue anyways, and your phone is going to be down either way.

Randall
@rr.com

Randall to bigdaddy

Anon

to bigdaddy
two modems that's just retarded. They should give out Linksys phone adapters the would with their phone system instead like Vonage does.

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

But then you would be using the bandwidth of your 40-5 connection,
but with a digital phone modem you get dedicated bandwidth your internet and phone.
cpe_online
join:2009-11-24

cpe_online to Yankees77

to Yankees77
Click for full size
Here you go...

botld92z
@rr.com

botld92z to bigdaddy

Anon

to bigdaddy
Even with an MTA you're still using part of the same bandwidth, it's just a negligible amount and you'll never really notice it. QOS built into the MTA will throttle your connection enough to allow your calls to be clear and not choppy if you are maxing out your upstream or downstream.
cpe_online

1 edit

cpe_online to Yankees77

to Yankees77
It's the bin file where the UL / DL speeds are held, an account with phone & RR the account would have two bin files. 15/1 & 40/5.
The bin file on the RR mdm would be 40/5 & the bin on the mta would be 15/1 with a voice only code, So the mta would be disable for highspeed.

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

How did you come to that conclusion?
cpe_online

cpe_online

wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wbrightfl to Yankees77

to Yankees77
I emailed my account rep for Orlando Business Solutions for Bright House about the speeds and this is his repsonse -

"We don't have a 40/5 plan available here but there is a new speed we have just rolled out at 20mbps downstream and a slightly faster 2.75 mbps upstream ($184.95/month on a 3 yr term). We are currently working on upgrading our backbone in order to offer even faster upstream speeds hopefully within the next 12-18 months. "

I find their rate for the 20/2.75 plan very high and to require a contract makes it worse. I guess Orlando has a long wait until we see higher speeds at a fair price.

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

So one can conclude that Bright house networks central Florida hasn't yet implemented DOCSIS 3.0, nor the fiber capacity to support faster speeds, then there's the fact that there is no Verizon Fios competition and AT&T Uverse is a joke only 18Mbps MAX. I really feel for the central Florida subscribers, and it is my sincere hope that it wont take 12-18 months for the appropriate network upgrades.

botld92z
@rr.com

botld92z to cpe_online

Anon

to cpe_online
My response was to "bigdaddy" who responded that using a Vonage router would be using part of your internet bandwidth where as using a "phone modem", or MTA, would not be using part of your internet bandwidth.

What you were talking about is different, where they are using a single modem for voice and a single modem for internet...

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

That's Right Thank You.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Edrick
I aspire to tell the story of a lifetime
Premium Member
join:2004-09-11
San Diego, CA

Edrick to Yankees77

Premium Member

to Yankees77
Why would you pay 189 for 20/2.75 when you can pay 70 for 15/2 what kind of retarded price bump is that? I have Brighthouse Business why would you pay 189 for 5 extra mbps?

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

Because Brighthouse knows that power users, will pay up to have the fastest speed tier available.

botld92z
@rr.com

botld92z

Anon

I would pay a SMALL bit more...

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

O how much more, would be a Small bit more, careful how you answer Brighthouse employees watch this forum very carefully.