spc
Search similar:

uniqs
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

Clear seems the most logical, followed by MetroPCS

Clear has a ton of spectrum, though I hear that T-Mobile isn't terribly far behind. Clear and T-Mobile are both focused on building out fast networks (T-Mobile with HSPA+ and LTE, Clear with WiMAX and possibly LTE). If they work together they can offer their customers better service, thus stealing customers away from Verizon and AT&T.

MetroPCS is also a rather sensible option. MetroPCS looks to be going directly from 1xRTT to LTE, and is non-contract like T-Mobile is trying to push. They're also the cost-cutting king though service quality is still quite good. The only question is what T-Mboile (GSM and HSPA) is going to do re: MetroPCS's current CDMA-only network.

AT&T's only good side with doing business with T-Mobile is that both run GSM + WCDMA networks. AT&T has shared towers with T-Mobile in SoCal, but their paths are diverging with T-Mobile's new AWS 1700 3G network. So while T-Mobile phones can roam on AT&T 3G, the reverse isn't possible. Also, T-Mobile has rather solid network quality, and AT&T tends to not have a similar level of network quality. So I'd think the match would be a tenuous one.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako

Premium Member

said by iansltx:

AT&T has shared towers with T-Mobile in SoCal, but their paths are diverging with T-Mobile's new AWS 1700 3G network.
That ended a while ago: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT ··· cilities
said by iansltx:

Also, T-Mobile has rather solid network quality, and AT&T tends to not have a similar level of network quality. So I'd think the match would be a tenuous one.
What is your definition of "network quality?"
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

Call competion rates, call quality, data congestion (average latency and jitter). Granted, T-Mobile loses out to AT&T in areas where T-Mobile either doesn't have 3G or is pushing a single T1 to the tower. However in T-Mobile's new 7.2 Mbps areas they blow AT&T away, and T-Mobile's 3G network will be all-7.2 by the end of 2010, with lots of HSPA+ 21 coming thereafter. They also plan on pushing coveage out to a lot more people...