« Strange sound problem.Patch Today »
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 56 · 57 · 58 · next

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

[ Classes] Druid Thread

This is a place for druids to ask questions and general chat. Other classes have them, why not us?

Before anything, there are already guides written for feral tanks and kitties. Instead of reposting them, the links are:

Bear
»3.x Feral Druid - Bear Tanking Guide

Cat
»Feral druid DPS

dgass

join:2007-09-27
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Rogers Hi-Speed
Well I recenlty changed my offspec from Bear to Moonkin

I must say that I like the Caster roll in raids and heroics more as I can just mash the keys and not really have to pay attn.

I still have my Pally tank and my rogue for melee. I just wanted to get a feel for the caster role without having to lvl my lock all the way to 80. Would be my 4th 80. I find my dps to be very spikey. If I don't get that extra SF off during the eclipse then my dps drops a whole lot. I have actually resorted to installing Quartz to help with my GCD cast timing when my Wrath Eclipse procs.

Check out my gear Server: Kael'thas Toon: Harkonan I don't have the gold for Epic Gems atm. Saving for Epic flying skill on my pally (3rd 80)

Again my main spec is tree, and my gear is either caster dps gear with Hit or my healing gear I use on my boomkin set for now till I get better gear. I do start with MF,IS,IFF on longer fights (Boss's) but for trash I can't get those three in sometimes these days with all the uber dps out there. So I just spam Hur

Kyumeishi

join:2009-11-27
Jacksonville, NC
reply to stvnbrs
Considering that Druids fall in teh "Jack of all trades, Master of none" catagory. In your honest opinion what Role do you think druids perform the best.

I love tanking on my druid, but IMHO the tree cannot be matched.

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
Druids have the distinct ability to be able to do well in all roles as long as the player has the appropriate skill. I play feral dps, and even though I am outgeared by others, I normally out damage / dps them. I have also seen very compitent boomkins and trees. Bears do well, but I think many guilds may be shying away from them in ICC due to the 20% dodge reduction.

Kyumeishi

join:2009-11-27
Jacksonville, NC
reply to stvnbrs
Finally got to outlands with my druuuid! Leveling out here in Iraq is proving to be a pain in my arse. I currently have A hunter, priest, warlock, paladin, warrior all lvl 80 but none of them compare to the fun I have with my DrOOOd! Best class in wow imo. The only other class that comes close to the druid in terms of being fun to play is my Warlock. Can't wait to start raiding with me BEAR!

On the note of the 20% Dodge reduction? is this from Patch 3.3 and are they improving Savage Defense to counter the lack of dodge. I really believe they should even the playing field when it comes to mitigation for Bears. granted it should never be as good as the other tanks cause of the stam increase. your thoughts?

lol seems like we are the only droods around here and im not even 80 yet.

Reanimator7

join:2008-11-22
Matthews, NC
reply to stvnbrs
Level the playing field for mitigation? You realize that would actually decrease bear mitigation right? ATM vs physical damage bears equally equiped have the highest mitigation of any tank. Thier evasion may be the lowest of the 4 though.
AFAIK there is no plans on changeing savage defense.

Sprakk

join:2009-10-01
reply to stvnbrs
said by stvnbrs:

Druids have the distinct ability to be able to do well in all roles as long as the player has the appropriate skill. I play feral dps, and even though I am outgeared by others, I normally out damage / dps them. I have also seen very compitent boomkins and trees. Bears do well, but I think many guilds may be shying away from them in ICC due to the 20% dodge reduction.
Bears are fine in ICC.

Endymion

join:2009-11-04
Woodbridge, VA
reply to stvnbrs
I just made the switch to my Druid (Boomkin), letting my Fury Warrior take a little break. I think when my gear reaches the same level as my warrior, my DPS will far surpass it. It just seems like my DPS is going up faster as my gear gets better. Plus now I have a real AoE DPS opportunity.

Although, as a druid, I find the moments when I rez the healer or another DPSer during a heroic gone awry fill me with a small sense of pride at being able to be a team player in a time of need.

But 10K crits do excite me. Looking forward to 15K+ if possible.

Sprakk

join:2009-10-01
Yeah, was mucking around with a rogue buddy of mine in an ICC25 trash farm. He was ToTT'ing me, for that extra damage. Highest crit I pulled off was 19k. Had trinkets popped, flasked, food buffed, raid buffed, etc. Felt nice. And pulling 10k+ on AoE with just one button, makes it too easy.

Although, my boomkin is only my off-spec and I will probably never have a chance to raid as boomkin. It's still fun to run around as a chicken and be able to pull some good numbers off.

Deceit

join:2009-12-26
Maryville, TN
reply to stvnbrs
I have been thinking for a while.. I have ton of alts and one 80 (had 2 till stupidly deleted my 80 hunter).. I made a Ranged DPS.. Melee DPS.. Tank alts along with a DK (who has not made one of these yet).. I can do it all with a Druid.. will save me some space in my character creation list??? Hmmmm

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to stvnbrs
I would say I am the resident tree expert so let me know if you have questions.

Boomkin is my offspec and I have hit this 5.3k dps cap even with a 5500gs. I suspect it's due to shitty trinkets as well as a dose of player being bad. I really dislike how I can swing so wildly in dps depending on eclipse. The mechanic is busted IMO.
--
Come play Mafia! | My Picture Blog

Deceit

join:2009-12-26
Maryville, TN
I like the idea of being sneaky as a rogue then jumping into tank if needed.. im an avid Disc and Holy Heal and time for a change..

Helius

join:2009-03-02
Denver, CO
reply to stvnbrs
I have been loving the tree healing but I would really like to get into kitty dps.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI
Hello kitty dps is good fun.

Benthebasson

join:2009-06-22
Salt Lake City, UT
reply to stvnbrs
Boomkin main here. Moonkin dps is way screwy, and I love it! How many classes can claim that Nibelung (the Valkyr proccing caster staff from Deathwhisper 25) is BiS because it doesn't have so many of those pesky stats like haste and crit Seriously though, in ICC gear there aren't many classes that hit a soft haste cap and a soft crit cap in the same gear! Our dps may be dependent on RNG but who's isn't. In the end I find that its a fun class to play which brings lots of buffs, a battle rez and good utility to a raid. That said, are there classes with better DPS numbers, sure, but if all our decisions were based on that we'd all reroll rogues... My tree alt is pretty sweet too, plus as a druid if I ever get tired of my role all I have to do is respec, not lvl another toon!!

Khalandil

join:2009-10-22
Fairbanks, AK
reply to stvnbrs
I think I have a lvl 30 something night elf druid, I've played him off and on for a couple years and am horrible at playing him for some reason. He is by far the hardest of all alts I've lvl'ed. One of these days I'll just have to buckle down and play; I like the versatility of the class, though I hate the fact that he is a Night Elf.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI
said by Khalandil:

I think I have a lvl 30 something night elf druid, I've played him off and on for a couple years and am horrible at playing him for some reason. He is by far the hardest of all alts I've lvl'ed. One of these days I'll just have to buckle down and play; I like the versatility of the class, though I hate the fact that he is a Night Elf.
Level 30 and hard?

Claw claw claw claw... not much to it at that level.
--
I'd take the time to insult your intelligence, but you probably wouldn't get it.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Khalandil
said by Khalandil:

Let's see...

1. Stealth around and avoid unnecessary combat? Check.
2. Insane initial stun/nuke capabilities? Check.
3. Self-heal capabilities? Check.
4. Tank capabilities? Check.
5. Healing resource system (mana) different from combat resource system (energy)? Check.
6. Faceroll to 80? Check.

What's hard about it? Rotation? Gearing? Feral Druids are one of the easiest classes to level.
--
"One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."

Source: Lt. Col. Jean V. Dubois (Ret.), Starship Troopers

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
Easy to level, hard to master. The biggest thing is to keep going till you can get mangle. Once you get that I would macro pounce and mangel together as well as shred and the other stealth back attack. (been too long since I have used it.)

For single target, kitty. For aoe use bear. For elites, start as kitty then switch to bear.

xcal784

join:2009-02-27
Coolville, OH
kudos:2
reply to drew
said by drew:

I would say I am the resident tree expert so let me know if you have questions.
Thanks for making me laugh this morning. If anything you are 'a resident expert' not 'the resident expert'.

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02

1 recommendation

You don't even play anymore, so why do you think you are up to date on any changes and are the expert?

xcal784

Coolville, OH

3 edits

1 recommendation

said by Antonica:

You don't even play anymore, so why do you think you are up to date on any changes and are the expert?
WTF are you talking about as usual? Do you even read stuff before you post? Oooo wait that's your line I'm sorry. You made my day as well.

Edit: And since you don't read I "don't raid" these days. That's different then "don't play". I hope you can grasp that. Account is paid for until June so expect me until then. *kisses*

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

1 recommendation

Yay, I've had my morning Antonica-Xcal flame to go with my coffee.

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to xcal784
You post about bear. Link me two posts of yours in the last 2 months that had anything to do with tree healing.

xcal784

Coolville, OH

1 edit
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Yay, I've had my morning Antonica-Xcal flame to go with my coffee.
Yea she's relentless I'll give her that. Could I pay you like 1,000g to give some of your coffee to Antonica and Drew cuz they aren't reading or comprehending this morning.

"Assume = Ass + u + me"

-------------
said by drew:

You post about bear. Link me two posts of yours in the last 2 months that had anything to do with tree healing.
Correction, I post about making gold. I exited bear/tree/boomkin stuff months ago but it's nice that you and Antonica think enough of me to think I implied I cared enough to contribute on those subjects.

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
So I just dropped bear this weekend and picked up Resto for my off spec. I am still raiding as kitty, so any general advice? Feraless on Emerald Dream is my toon. I know I need new boots / rings / trinkets, but as far as spec and other things matter any advice would be appreciated.
Expand your moderator at work

Antonica
Premium
reply to stvnbrs

Re: [ Classes] Druid Thread

did you want advice on tanking or healing?

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
said by Antonica:

did you want advice on tanking or healing?
healing, I was tanking but due to our guild having more tanks than healers, I spec'ed healer.

Antonica
Premium
thought there was a thread for that too, hrm.

I don't know much about healing anymore.. I did the BC rolling lifeblooms hack and just topped meters that way. No clue with the new spells/etc what to do :P