Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to stvnbrs

Re: [ Classes] Druid Thread

said by stvnbrs:

said by puppy:

said by JB:

Warriors lack of CD's are the only reason

Also how can a bear tank be better than another on single target?

Berserk ->Mangle Spam

And just the fact that they are putting out much more single target dps than the other tanks atm.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Spork35

join:2011-07-13
Methuen, MA

said by JB:

And just the fact that they are putting out much more single target dps than the other tanks atm.

Bears have been doing that for years. .....Remember doing that in 3.x!
--
"We are the Borg. You WILL be assimilated!" -ST:TNG

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1

Ummm, they were on par or a little behind before they re-buffed mangle and fixed thrash.
--
Here's the final bullet,

Spork35

join:2011-07-13
Methuen, MA

said by JB:

Ummm, they were on par or a little behind before they re-buffed mangle and fixed thrash.

They vary a bit in each patch but overall they are designed to put out the most dps of all tanks and have been for years.
--
"We are the Borg. You WILL be assimilated!" -ST:TNG

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to JB

Oh man, my absorb bubbles are up to ~25k now w/ the 2set bonus, wait until I get back some of the mastery I lost too.... geez that bonus is incredible.
--
Here's the final bullet,

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
reply to stvnbrs

main reason bear is easy to tank trash with.

You don't need to be in melee to swipe/thrash

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to JB

said by JB:

Oh man, my absorb bubbles are up to ~25k now w/ the 2set bonus, wait until I get back some of the mastery I lost too.... geez that bonus is incredible.

That T13 2pc bonus, the "berserk" is that just the 3 minute per use berserk, or when lacerate procs a berserk and you get the free mangle?

Because of this thread I dusted off my bear tank last night and ran 3 of the new heroics (had to do first one twice because I zoned into one with a boss down and couldn't finish the sample aspects quest).

Easy mode, no wipes. Lost threat a few times but I wasn't marking AOE mobs and was just thrashing and swiping. I was trying to be good about using my CDs when my health got low.

I got the staff off Mannoroth (winning it over a hunter who was very sad since he was running for it... and that was my first time there ...), yay.

Not sure what cooldowns people are using on the hourglass boss, but I like having 271k health ^_^

So yar, thanks for renewing my interest in my bear, I'm going to play him more. I think for LFR I will go kitty (and do even suckier DPS than normal) just because I'm not that confident about tanking yet.

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
reply to stvnbrs

stvnbrs - Very helpful - finally had some time to work on this - with the corrections to spec and the rotation, more than doubled my dps - on a test dummy, but it's a start. Working on the gems/reforging.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to stvnbrs

saw this balance druid pulling 66k dps on madness in LFR... was amazing. especially since its a boomie. Anyway... just felt like sharing.

CpnObvious

join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA
kudos:3

Madness is a great boomie fight, since it has persistent multi dot opportunities and the bronze buff makes said mutli dots *insane,* and burst AoE opportunities, which are in a boomkin's wheelhouse.

Same is true for shadowpriests (which is why they're leading madness parses.)

However, in terms of *useful* dps, madness is a horrible boomkin fight, since boomies have zero controllable single target burst. So boomie numbers will look great, but I'd sacrifice those great numbers for a combat rogue or frost DK or another spec with short, powerful cooldowns that will pull lower overall numbers.
--
"Hunters are SOL, but that's normal." -Nickdres

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

fire mages are OP for madness, i'm kinda surprised more aren't throwing up stupid good numbers. combustion on a 70 second CD is stupid good

CpnObvious

join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA
kudos:3

Fire mages are quite good for madness. Their cheese is a different flavor than persistent multi-dotting, though. It's easier/less work for a fire mage to hit mid 50's on madness than it is for a boomkin, but harder/more RNG dependent for a fire mage to hit mid 60's.
--
"Hunters are SOL, but that's normal." -Nickdres

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to Rhenai

said by Rhenai:

stvnbrs - Very helpful - finally had some time to work on this - with the corrections to spec and the rotation, more than doubled my dps - on a test dummy, but it's a start. Working on the gems/reforging.

I am glad to hear that, agility in everything unless you get +20 agi for 2 sockets, +30 Agi for 3. Reforge out of hit and expertise, gear you don't need to reforge will have Haste and Mastery. Reforge to Mastery first, then Haste. Agi w/ +3% crit is the meta. If you need to fill a yellow gem for bonus go Agi/Mastery, Blue use Agi/Hit.
--
I am stating my opinion. Obviously you don't like it. Honestly, I don't care.

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
reply to stvnbrs

Took a look at the Weapon DW drops at end of LFR. Something to note: there are no stats to reforge away from. There is bonus armor though and a stacking agi buff, this means that with the AGI enchant on the weapon, it is perfect as is for both bear and kitty!
--

puppy

1 recommendation

Just being able to grow huge is good enough stats on that weapon!

Good thing the new heroics are all outdoors. Wonder how it looks in a Deadmines run...

DPS: "I can't see the mobs past your FAT BUTT, stupid bear!"

EDIT: Last night I spec'ed out a kitty spec for my bear (because I want to sneak into LFR raids without having to tank them) and wow the rotation is still complex for this helmet puppy (using the guide linked from theincbear.com). What addons would make this a lot easier?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

said by puppy:

Just being able to grow huge is good enough stats on that weapon!

TWSS... Bazinga!

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
reply to puppy

said by puppy:

DPS: "I can't see the mobs past your FAT BUTT, stupid bear!"

Dps should be behind the bosses butt, if you are behind the bear's ass you are doing it wrong.

said by puppy:

EDIT: Last night I spec'ed out a kitty spec for my bear (because I want to sneak into LFR raids without having to tank them) and wow the rotation is still complex for this helmet puppy (using the guide linked from theincbear.com). What addons would make this a lot easier?

I only use Need to Know and Icehud. I set up Ice hud to track CP's and see a quick glance at health. NTK is used as a bleed/dot, CD and buff/debuff tracker. I set mine to show:

Mangle Debuff time remaining
Rake bleed time remaining
Rip bleed time remaining
SR buff time remaining
FFF debuff time remaining
TF CD timer
Berserk CD timer.

I set higher priorities at top and it allows me to know to the 1/10th of the second when I need to refresh something. **Note: you don't have to worry about clipping bleeds anymore, so refreshing around 2 sec is perfectly fine.
--

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to puppy

kitties are pretty simple, with the new bloodletting glyph theyre even easier. single target, fcharge, mangle x 5, rip mangle and watch for time warp or some other buff pop zerk and go to town, on packs, pop tiger spam swipe.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
What was the name of the brain that you got me? Abby someone. Abby Normal.

puppy

reply to stvnbrs

stvnbrs: OK thanks I'll check out NTK.

cymraeg: mangle x5? Do you mean something else?

Edit: On rereading I think you are saying mangle spam is good enough. Is that enough dps for me to hang out in LFR? ^_^

Edit: Sorry I usually play casters only, so I'm behind the tank's butt. [Insert your own comments here] ^_^

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

there are ppl in LFR that doing Heroic dps ya youll be fine, by that i mean 14 to 18k

puppy

Dang 14-18k would be nice, ok I'll try it on dummy. I was able to do around 13k in my 368 tank gear but I was just mashing buttons, the CDs were all over the place... :P

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to cymraeg

said by cymraeg:

there are ppl in LFR that doing Heroic dps ya youll be fine, by that i mean 14 to 18k

wtb a translation, lol

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

sorry heroic dungeon level dps , that good Immer? for a translation?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
reply to cymraeg

said by cymraeg:

kitties are pretty simple, with the new bloodletting glyph theyre even easier. single target, fcharge, mangle x 5, rip mangle and watch for time warp or some other buff pop zerk and go to town, on packs, pop tiger spam swipe.

This...makes me a sad kitty...:(
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

there, there... it's only true if you are trying to "fit into" the dps pack... not too high, not too low...

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to stvnbrs

ya stvn dont take me as an elite kitty, he was wanting to prowl through LFR and that will do for what he wants to accomplish, and i have FFF macroed with Fcharge, just enough time for tank to hit target before i unleash with ravage and start rotation. so if puppy wants to get through it he will be middle of the pack on the meteres and still roll on gear.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
What was the name of the brain that you got me? Abby someone. Abby Normal.

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC

said by cymraeg:

ya stvn dont take me as an elite kitty, he was wanting to prowl through LFR and that will do for what he wants to accomplish, and i have FFF macroed with Fcharge, just enough time for tank to hit target before i unleash with ravage and start rotation. so if puppy wants to get through it he will be middle of the pack on the meteres and still roll on gear.

What makes me sad is that, many kitties believe that what you described was the correct way to play the class. That reasoning is exacerbated when leveling, since that is what you need to do to kill things without a tank. I liked kitty dps rotation in Wrath before ICC. Mangle was a 12 second debuff, and SR increased all damage by 30%. That made 2 additional "must keep up" abilities to juggle instead of the current mode. Not to mention, the more FB you got in, the higher your DPS got, now FB does very little, to the point that it is not so important till it begins to refresh rip.
--

puppy

I'll throw in a rake or something and everyone is happy ^_^

Yar I won't be kitty as a main. I'm not good on melee overall and kitty is even more complex than what I can handle. I just want bear tanking gear... and hope to get that big butt staff... !

puppy

OK I got into the first two fights of LFR as kitty. Just mangle did not seem to do enough damage so I tried some sort of button spam to make sure all the bleeds are up and whatnot... I ended up doing about 14k dps... and that's #4 to #8 spot on the damage chart... I won the shoulder off the first boss, yay, but I left at 3rd because there's no way the raid can down the slimes fast enough with overall dps that poor :P

I reforged my gear this morning using the new ask mr robot (yar I know some people says it sucks but what other better choices are there?) for hybrid spec, so it has more expertise and whatnot. I figure I'm okay tanking the new heroics and not tanking LFR, so this would be a better choice.