Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

1 recommendation

Antonica to xcal784

Premium Member

to xcal784

Re: [ Classes] Druid Thread

You don't even play anymore, so why do you think you are up to date on any changes and are the expert?

xcal784
join:2009-02-27
Coolville, OH

3 edits

1 recommendation

xcal784

said by Antonica:

You don't even play anymore, so why do you think you are up to date on any changes and are the expert?
WTF are you talking about as usual? Do you even read stuff before you post? Oooo wait that's your line I'm sorry. You made my day as well.

Edit: And since you don't read I "don't raid" these days. That's different then "don't play". I hope you can grasp that. Account is paid for until June so expect me until then. *kisses*

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Yay, I've had my morning Antonica-Xcal flame to go with my coffee.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to xcal784

Premium Member

to xcal784
You post about bear. Link me two posts of yours in the last 2 months that had anything to do with tree healing.

xcal784
join:2009-02-27
Coolville, OH

1 edit

xcal784 to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Yay, I've had my morning Antonica-Xcal flame to go with my coffee.
Yea she's relentless I'll give her that. Could I pay you like 1,000g to give some of your coffee to Antonica and Drew cuz they aren't reading or comprehending this morning.

"Assume = Ass + u + me"

-------------
said by drew:

You post about bear. Link me two posts of yours in the last 2 months that had anything to do with tree healing.
Correction, I post about making gold. I exited bear/tree/boomkin stuff months ago but it's nice that you and Antonica think enough of me to think I implied I cared enough to contribute on those subjects.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

So I just dropped bear this weekend and picked up Resto for my off spec. I am still raiding as kitty, so any general advice? Feraless on Emerald Dream is my toon. I know I need new boots / rings / trinkets, but as far as spec and other things matter any advice would be appreciated.
Expand your moderator at work

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs

Re: [ Classes] Druid Thread

did you want advice on tanking or healing?

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

said by Antonica:

did you want advice on tanking or healing?
healing, I was tanking but due to our guild having more tanks than healers, I spec'ed healer.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

thought there was a thread for that too, hrm.

I don't know much about healing anymore.. I did the BC rolling lifeblooms hack and just topped meters that way. No clue with the new spells/etc what to do :P

ElminsterOld
join:2009-03-04

ElminsterOld to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
»Resto Druid Questions

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew to xcal784

Premium Member

to xcal784
What the hell are you talking about?

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

The big yellow one is the sun?

Just felt like throwing some Brian Reegan in there.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew to ElminsterOld

Premium Member

to ElminsterOld
Thanks for linking that Elminster, I was about to dig it up.
drew

drew to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
The floor is your's Moonwalker.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Oxen

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

I have two boxen of donuts.

omnomnom
drew

drew to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
I need to discuss this with some people...

calling hsindogg mainly...

I'm wondering if I should move into the glyph of rapid rejuv and which glyph I should drop because of it. I have WG/Nourish/Swiftmend currently.

I'm not haste capped yet (shitty 232 gear ftw) but I'm thinking if I moved away from 4pc t9 and into the glyph I would easily hit the cap with available gear in my bags.

Thoughts?

hsindogg
Premium Member
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD

1 edit

hsindogg

Premium Member

I think the rapid rejuv glyph is highly situational, and mainly for 10 mans when you're more of a tank/raid healer.

With the rapid rejuv glyph, at lower haste, you won't really see any different in the interval from your regular rejuvs. The reduction in rejuv interval is tied to your haste. You'll see a benefit once you hit about 700 haste, which is close to the soft cap haste amount you need for 1 second GCD's with Celestial Focus.

I would keep WG, Nourish, and Swiftmend, and go with a 18/53 build (3/3 CF) for 25 man healing. Unfortunately, as a druid, you're pretty much going to blanket the raid with rejuvs on most fights, and roll HoTs on the tanks. You really need to get to the haste cap for 1s GCD's.

If you have yellow sockets, consider regemming them with SP/Haste to get closer to the cap.

Got an armory? There's a lot of haste available gear before T10 that you can get that can get you pretty close.

Here's a good resource on the 3.3 changes too: »www.restokin.com/2009/11 ··· preview/

Edit: I miss read your post, not sure what haste you are at, but it's probably not 200 haste. I still find the 4PT9 bonus pretty nice, I think it's tied to crit rating and raid buffed, I'm around 23% crit. So if I'm blanketing the raid in Rejuvs, it usually crits at least once for around 4.5K on each target I have hotted.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

»www.wowarmory.com/charac ··· n=Galain

I'm @ 730 haste currently w/o CF. I use nourish way too much to drop points out of it.

hsindogg
Premium Member
Potomac, MD

hsindogg

Premium Member

That's pretty much the same set up I use, 4PT9 (chest is the heroic version of yours);

»www.wowarmory.com/charac ··· onserrat

My spec is for TOGC25 Anub healing, but I'm normally 11/0/60.

Yeah, Nourish is nice. I would go with this spec, »www.wowhead.com/?talent# ··· xiuV0sVo

1 point free, for something. Living Seed is ok, but most of the time it's overhealing. Revitalize is OK, but it doesn't increase your HPS. Either one is just a kind of bonus that won't make or break your HPS.

You probably don't have mana issues, I would get the frost badge vendor belt - lots more int, and SP, crit, haste for the trade off of Spirit.

Other than that, your gear/glyphs are fine - try spec'ing CF and see if it increases your HPS.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Would you drop in the glyph or not with that build? with my haste/gear setup, would you use reckless gems in the belt or not?

eve8
Premium Member
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA

eve8 to drew

Premium Member

to drew
said by drew:

»www.wowarmory.com/charac ··· n=Galain

I'm @ 730 haste currently w/o CF. I use nourish way too much to drop points out of it.
Why do you use it a lot? As far as I know, we should only be casting WG, RJ and the occasional SM... NS + HT when it gets really bad..

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Because I don't heal the exact way EJ says for druids to heal.

I find I do better, play better, and more people stay alive when I don't spend every GCD on keeping rejuv on someone who likely won't need it. I'd rather be able to help heal the tank, etc.

hsindogg
Premium Member
Potomac, MD

hsindogg to drew

Premium Member

to drew
I wouldn't for glyph Rapid Rejuv for any 25 man fights right now. I can't think of a 25 man fight where it would be beneficial to not blanket rejuvs (having 8-10 rejuvs) versus only havine 4-5 rejuvs.

If you're not going to go 3/3 CF, yeah, I'd gem SP/haste to get closer to the cap. Also, one more thing, I wouldn't use the +10 stat gem in the chest, the only attribute you get that is marginally beneficial is +10 int, of the +str/agi/stam. I'd go +23 SP, or +12SP/10SPI for that slot.
hsindogg

1 edit

hsindogg to eve8

Premium Member

to eve8
said by eve8:

Why do you use it a lot? As far as I know, we should only be casting WG, RJ and the occasional SM... NS + HT when it gets really bad..
I think a lot is subjective. As a percentage of my heals, typically Rejuv is 50-60%, then WG is 25-30%, and Regrowth or Nourish is the next 10% or so.

In certain phases, such as Festergut 3x inhales, I can see having full HoTs on the tank, and spamming Nourish as a possible deviation from the normal blanket method, because if the tank dies, the raid most likely dies. But also, as a raid healer, I also recognize that on the 4th inhale there's a lot of raid damage going out. I think there's a lot more to just spamming Rejuv/WG/SM on the raid to a druid, and the player knowing their healing composition, knowing when the tank is vulnerable to death, and knowing if he absoultely needs to heal the raid is more important than sticking to a cookie cutter heal method.

Edit: Back to the context of my healing ratios, spamming the tank for 4-5 seconds of Nourish probably only makes up 5% of my overall healing, but during that point in time, it may make or break the raid.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew to hsindogg

Premium Member

to hsindogg
I'll try the CF build w/o Living seed. I just looked @ my festergut parses and Living seed was like 5% over heal on one and 17% on the other. That's really, really low.

But I'd imagine I'd make up for the 4% healing from seed with a 1s GCD.

hsindogg
Premium Member
Potomac, MD

hsindogg

Premium Member

I think easily, between Rejuvs and WG GCD's.

Here's a test you can do. Get a friend, invite him. Put 1 rejuv on him, then spam yourself with LB or Rejuv and count how many you can cast before his rejuv wears off.

Try that with and without CF. I'm curious how many more you can fit in.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

damnit, I just re-speced.

Hmm, 3% haste is how much? I could just take the amount of haste off in gear.

hsindogg
Premium Member
Potomac, MD

hsindogg

Premium Member

»www.wowwiki.com/Spell_haste

Uh...I think 32.79 haste for 1%.