Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size

Mr_Derp
join:2004-11-10
Plainfield, ON

Mr_Derp

ROFL, the cool revolution!?!

Maybe the ad space should reflect NO contracts & save $20/month over your current home phone carrier.

Anyone I've shown this to thinks it's a bad joke...

Best of luck with this ad campaign.

P Principle
@cgocable.net

P Principle to JGROCKY

Anon

to JGROCKY
Rocky I'm no marketing guru but the guy in the ad looks like he is pushing X at a rave.

Although this would never fly with the legal dept or advertising council but the pic
should be of someone doing the Trudeau salute with the caption "F--- YOU BELL".

JGROCKY
Premium Member
join:2005-05-19
Chatham, ON

JGROCKY to Mr_Derp

Premium Member

to Mr_Derp
said by Mr_Derp:

Maybe the ad space should reflect NO contracts & save $20/month over your current home phone carrier.

Like I said, they're targeting a certain segment.... If this were the typical TSI stuff, it definitely wouldn't be this way... Giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.

MacGyver

join:2001-10-14
Vancouver, BC
·TELUS
Actiontec T3200M
Arcadyan WE410443-TS
Sipura SPA-2102

MacGyver to Mr_Derp

to Mr_Derp
said by Mr_Derp:

Personally I don't like ads that have to put down the competition in order to promote their product. And comparing prices is impossible with bundles, discounts, promotions, etc.
justsomeguy8
join:2007-10-08
N5M3Z3

justsomeguy8 to P Principle

to P Principle
I think the billboards are fine but I think I think they would be better if they had the Gaudrault brothers in them instead of the guy with the sunglasses that people really cant relate to or the woman just sitting in the chair.
Expand your moderator at work
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510 to P Principle

to P Principle

Re: Delivered Teksavvy flyers today + TSI Billboard seen in KW

said by P Principle :

Rocky I'm no marketing guru but the guy in the ad looks like he is pushing X at a rave.

Although this would never fly with the legal dept or advertising council but the pic
should be of someone doing the Trudeau salute with the caption "F--- YOU BELL".
One that's more likely to be published and would do a better job at catching people's attention.

"TekSavvy Internet. Perfect for laptops and desktops."
or
"Online Billing minimizes paper and ensures that you get your bill on time."

Ok. Maybe they aren't that good, but I think it's obvious where my ideas came from.

P Principle
@cgocable.net

P Principle

Anon

your clients (sorry people but that's what we look like)

what we aspire to have (as if)
said by grunze510:

One that's more likely to be published and would do a better job at catching people's attention.
Not catch their eye.
Marketing 102 people;
1. know your demographics
2. keep it simple stupid
3. sex sells
Rocky you can make the check out to Peter Principle Marketing Inc.
Expand your moderator at work

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to JGROCKY

Premium Member

to JGROCKY

Re: Delivered Teksavvy flyers today + TSI Billboard seen in KW

Those are some nice ads, Rocky!

shikotee
join:2007-01-11
Canada

1 recommendation

shikotee to JGROCKY

to JGROCKY
I'd like to touch on some thoughts based on the postings of peatbognolog and arthur50054....

The more I think about it, the more I understand why I dislike the "Cool Revolution" campaign. As arthur50054 mentioned, you pretty much sacrificed the message of your company. You are not one of the cool kids, and it makes no sense that you are trying to either convince yourself, or others, that you are. If anything, it rather reminds me of the BS spewed from the mainstream cool kids (Bell, Rogers, etc.). Frankly, you're better than that, and you really should stick to marketing your strengths.

You honestly have so many good things to work with that you can creatively market to your advantage. Focus on this!!!

I hate to be a dick, but whoever pushed for this tripe of an idea should NOT be involved in positioning the image of your company.
shikotee

1 edit

shikotee to JGROCKY

to JGROCKY
Click for full size
"Piss Off" poster
Click for full size
Colm Feore, with various posters
Click for full size
"Our Subscribers" billboard
Click for full size
Meeting to see captions
Click for full size
Bad Review Caption
Click for full size
Bord of Directors reaction to campaign
Click for full size
Macbeth newspaper ad
Rocky....

Consider something like this!!!

Just thought I would share some screen-caps taken from one of the best Canadian produced shows ever - Slings and Arrows.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sl ··· d_Arrows

If you've never seen this series - check it out! It is awesome!

The show centers around the fictional "New Burbage" festival, which is a based on our very real Stratford festival.

These screen-caps are from the 2nd season, and depict the theatre's business manager Richard (played by Mark McKinney) employing the services of the marketing company called "Frog Hammer" (Sanjay played by Colm Feore).

He does this because revenue is down for the theatre, and he is searching for a way to tap into a younger demographic base.

Without even discussing with Richard, the posters get pasted everywhere, and the reaction is hostile. Season ticket holders cancel there subscription, tons of angry calls, etc.

Richard goes to talk to Sanjay:

Sanjay:
Our research is showing that people feel the same way about attending your theatre as they do about going to the library.
Good news for libraries - Terrible news for you!!!

Richard:
Fine - but Old people dying? What is that supposed to communicate?

Sanjay:
That we know how they feel - it's a connection. It's brilliant! Do you know who thought this up?
An idea blast team composed of a puppeteer, a professional figure skater, and a 9 year old child.
You don't like it?

I won't spoil how it all works out. Buy the DVD's and check it out!

Anyways - I thought this was a hysterical example of opportunities and the peril involved in re-branding!!

Would love to see something like this from Teksavvy!!!!
Net Citizen
join:2009-01-22
Schenectady, NY

1 edit

Net Citizen to JGROCKY

to JGROCKY
said by JGROCKY:

said by Mr_Derp:

Like I said, they're targeting a certain segment.... If this were the typical TSI stuff, it definitely wouldn't be this way... Giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.
Whoever your marketing people are, do not give them the benefit of the doubt, do not let them pass go, just FIRE THEM.

There is nothing remotely "cool" about any of those billboard ads. It really would have been better to state the numbers and how they compare to the competition.

"True, unlimited accounts! Never worry about overage charges ever again!" would have been far more effective than depicting a hokey character in sunglasses or a "dressed for the 80s" woman.

As it is, it's just painful to look at

Mr_Derp
join:2004-11-10
Plainfield, ON

Mr_Derp

+1 to that
dwg5
join:2009-12-15

dwg5 to Net Citizen

to Net Citizen
Hey I thought the Ad was great! Made me wonder what the heck Teksavvy was and prompted me to check it out online -- mission accomplished! I only wonder if Teksavvy can back up the bold advertisements...

btw: Numbers/comparisons on a billboard would have made me yawn -- like someone else said, with so many pkgs/bundles anyone can put out BS statistics to make themselves look good.