Thanks

Pullo9
join:2009-06-18
Reading, PA

1 edit

Pullo9

Check this for codes for your remote:

»www.comcast.com/corporat ··· tes.html

You might be better off using the remote that came with the player to control the TV when you want to use it.
jasg
join:2008-12-13
Seattle, WA

jasg to saty

to saty
Since the player is probably newer than the remote, you should try the 'search' function to find a code. (see the docs on the site in Pullo's post)

If that does not work, then Pullo's advice about using the 390's remote to control the STB might work - if not, then even the least expensive Logitech should solve your problem. I use one all the time.

Saty
@gdc4s.com

Saty

Anon

Thanks

regardig the Logitech remotes- I have been looking at the Harmony One - does it map a the odd buttons, like Guide, Info, etc

It will drive the DC3400 well ???

Thanks
jasg
Seattle, WA

jasg

I use a 550 that I picked up on sale - it is the entry level Harmony. I have used it with a variety of Motorola boxes (6200, 6400, 3400) with no issues.

I am not a Harmony expert, but I have used 3 or 4 different programmable remotes over the last 10 years and the Harmony wins hands down. It is very, very flexible. If you don't like the default hard key mappings, you can change them, learn new commands or set up soft keys.

saty
@gdc4s.com

saty

Anon

thanks

i did end up with the harmony one - on sale at bestbuy

i like it, logitech does themselves a disservice - their website is not helpful at all as to how they work

a couple of pictures, and some notes that it's a magical - tht's it

some actual explanantions would have been nice
jasg
Seattle, WA

jasg

said by saty :

thanks

i did end up with the harmony one - on sale at bestbuy
Glad I could help.