dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Talk and Data?LOL »
This is a sub-selection from As an AT&T customer..

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984

Re: As an AT&T customer..

said by r81984:

said by tokevino:

That I am with you: iPhone needs to be put on more networks.
That is not ATT's fault. Your have to blame your idol stevie jobs for that. He is the one that hated on all the nonATT users.
Wrong. He went to VZW and other providers and they laughed him out. Then he went to AT&T and AT&T decided to carry the iPhone, but wanted the exclusivity contract.

It's neither AT&T or Steve Job's fault. It's the other U.S. carriers that rejected them. If Steve Jobs really hated "nonATT users", as you say, then there wouldn't by any iPhones in foreign countries.

Get your facts straight.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

Stevie Jobs wanted the exclusivity, they could have created the phone for CDMA and GSM. They did not even need a contract to do it, but Apple wanted to ensure money with very little liability so they made a deal with a carrier.
Only person to blame is Stevie Jobs.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Again, you are wrong. AT&T wouldn't take the iPhone unless they had an exclusive contract. They were taking a gamble with the iPhone and wanted to make sure that they could at least make back something.

They would have created a CDMA phone if VZW accepted to take the iPhone. And now VZW wishes they took the iPhone.

You make no sense. iPhone is carried in 70+ countries, with hundreds of carriers. This has nothing to do with little liability.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

Stevie Jobs did not have to make a contract with a carrier and they did not have to agree to any exclusivity.

Stevie Jobs chose money over allowing all their fanboys to buy the iphone. You are acting like ATT forced Apple into a contract.
The only person you have to blame for no CDMA iphone is Stevie.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Since other carriers refused to carry the iPhone, he had to make a contract. Which worked out for both AT&T and iPhone.

You clearly are just trolling ("Stevie"). So this discussion is over. You're wrong, and make no sense.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

Verizon did not refuse to carry the iphone. They refused to do it in a way that would cause them to lose money.
Verizon basically said no because "Apple’s desire to get a cut of subscription fees and to control how and where phones could be sold."

It is funny how fanboys will blame anyone but Stevie Jobs. He is the reason why there is no CDMA phone. It has nothing to do with the carriers.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by r81984:

Verizon did not refuse to carry the iphone. They refused to do it in a way that would cause them to lose money.
Verizon basically said no because "Apple’s desire to get a cut of subscription fees and to control how and where phones could be sold."

It is funny how fanboys will blame anyone but Stevie Jobs. He is the reason why there is no CDMA phone. It has nothing to do with the carriers.
This "fan boy" act is wearing thin. Go play with your outdated, slow and incredibly boring WM phone and get off of here!

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

I have a phone with an actual keyboard.
Nokia E70

Although windows mobile would be great to have on a cell phone. The iphone is only good if hacked, but there is no way to make up for the its lack of a keyboard.

I agree the fanboy act is wearing thin. It is about time the apple fanboys start following the facts and stop over paying for hardware.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by r81984:

I have a phone with an actual keyboard.
Nokia E70

Although windows mobile would be great to have on a cell phone. The iphone is only good if hacked, but there is no way to make up for the its lack of a keyboard.

I agree the fanboy act is wearing thin. It is about time the apple fanboys start following the facts and stop over paying for hardware.
Overpaying? I got my iPhone 3G for $99. It's the cheapest smart phone I have ever bought.
« Talk and Data?LOL »
This is a sub-selection from As an AT&T customer..