@verizon.net

khalid123 to More Fiber

Anon

to More Fiber

Re: Port Forwarding Stopped Working.

router: MI424-WR

firmware: 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.11.6

internet---router---PC (wired)

I'm trying to forward ports 80, and 22000, I have tried the built-in port config (from the drop down list), but also added custom ones.

I disabled forwarding and put the host in the DMZ, still nothing.

ps: I'm a sys admin, feel free to be as technical as you needed.

TIA

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

said by khalid123 :

I'm trying to forward ports 80, and 22000, I have tried the built-in port config (from the drop down list), but also added custom ones.
Keep in mind there are three pairs of IP address / port numbers involved with port forwarding:
  • The source IP address / port of the originating machine. You should always set this to ANY/ANY.
  • The external IP address / port on your router. The external IP address is determined by your WAN DHCP address. For external port, you can pick any port number you want.
  • The destination IP address / port on your LAN where your want to forward the traffic.

Very often when port forwarding is not working, it is because the source IP address / port has been specified as the external IP address / port.

Also, what's the status of UPnP in the router? If it is enabled, then disable it.
Go to Advanced / Universal Plug and Play, then uncheck "Allow Other Network Users to Control Wireless Broadband Router's Network Features".

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to khalid123

MVM

to khalid123
With "also added custom ones", I think it would be useful to see a screenshot of your portforward page. Should be similar to PF 7 screenshot above.