uniqs
Turbocpe
Premium Member
join:2001-12-22
IA

Turbocpe

Premium Member

Lame AT&T Commercials

AT&T's latest commercials, which have been in direct response to Verizon's commercials against AT&T, has been weak. The guy "collecting" postcards from places AT&T provides coverage (many cases, just Edge) is boring and just side skirts the issue that AT&T doesn't have the same 3G coverage that Verizon does. Sure, some people with Edge are satisfied, just as some people with 56K dial-up may have been satisfied.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo

Agreed--however, Joe Consumer doesn't know the difference between what AT&T is saying and what Verizon is saying. All they remember is whatever the latest commercial told them.

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102

Baahh...bahhh.
Many consumers are a little sheepish. Follow the herd into iPhone... complaints R us, and believe what the commercials will tell them.

I've got some nice post lower ward property / ocean view to sell in NOLA
Turbocpe
Premium Member
join:2001-12-22
IA

Turbocpe

Premium Member

Based on AT&T trying to stop Verizon from airing their commercials on the basis they felt it was misleading as if it was stating AT&T didn't have any coverage in areas, and now AT&T running commercials to indicate their wide (mostly Edge) coverage, it's clear that is what AT&T sees the average consumer as despite that was clearly not the case with Verizon's ads.

Still, in my opinion, AT&T's commercials completely lack any creativity and are simply boring and lame. I'm no Verizon fanboy, I gave AT&T the chance, and they didn't deliver my world.

Madness
Like a flea circus at a dog show
join:2000-01-05
Lynn, MA

Madness to Turbocpe

to Turbocpe
Luke Wilson tossing the postcards all over the map. I really cracked up on that one. The TRUE AT&T once had a bell on the left!

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL to Turbocpe

to Turbocpe
said by Turbocpe:

AT&T's latest commercials, which have been in direct response to Verizon's commercials against AT&T, has been weak. The guy "collecting" postcards from places AT&T provides coverage (many cases, just Edge) is boring and just side skirts the issue that AT&T doesn't have the same 3G coverage that Verizon does. Sure, some people with Edge are satisfied, just as some people with 56K dial-up may have been satisfied.
WHAT type of coverage? They do not say in the Ad. They IMPLY that they are talking about 3G coverage but I get the impression they are using VOICE (or as you suggest EDGE) coverage as their measurement tool. At least the Verizon Ads STATE they are talking about 3G coverage (with the mention in the explanation bar on the maps, that EDGE coverage may be available in areas not covered by 3G).