uniqs
jsb825
Premium Member
join:2003-10-08
Exeter, NH

jsb825

Premium Member

Magic jack illegal hijack

Magic Jack as hijacked a phone number within their system and redirected it to their own service. When I call a conference line in MN I am put on the line with MAGIC JACKS CONFERENCE SERVICE?
WTF!!!! I can see blocking premium numbers and 900 numbers, but this is ILLEGAL!!! Hope they know when I call the MN poison control hotline that MJ conference service answers. I have contacted MJ with their support line online and get the run around, and they act as if they don't know and oh poor me, let me see what they can do for me... BS
"MAGIC JACK IS NOW HIJACK.. THE MOST AMAZONG PHONE SERVICE THAT TRANSFERS YOUR CALL FROM YOUR GRANDMOTHERS HOUSE TO THEIR ALL NEW CONFERENCE SERVICE!! SWEET!!"

What the hell. Sure I was confident that they had something, but when I found out they are shutting people off for using 800+ minutes per month, and now hijacking calls to conference lines?

Someone so hijack MAGIC and JACK and make that little girl cry!!
Poor girl, feel bad for her, she is living her life as a lie with her little daddy the inventor. Invetor of BS
jsb825

jsb825

Premium Member

I just have another extensive chat, and caught them in a catch 22. Anyone else having the same problem as I am, please let me know. I want to be in contact with anyone here that has had the same issue trying to connect with conference bridges that MJ steals access to!!

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven to jsb825

Mod

to jsb825
Discussed extensively for months.
Here's an example:
»MagicJack unfair competition actions?

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

DrStrange to jsb825

Premium Member

to jsb825
Is that (612) 873-3141 that's been redirected?
»www.mnpoison.org/index.a ··· e_48.htm

That's supposed to be a Qwest number. They shouldn't be blocking that.
dyrewolfe
join:2009-08-02
Durham, NC

dyrewolfe to jsb825

to jsb825
What number are you dialing for the poison control center? 800-222-1222? I'd be curious to know if anyone else is having this issue too. I don't have MJ so I can't confirm/deny.

Paul Beanyun
@verizon.net

Paul Beanyun

Anon

That 800 number works fine from my MJ.

I can't see MJ purposely blocking any 800 number, since they get paid every time an MJ user calls one.

OP must be talking about some other number.
Paul Beanyun

Paul Beanyun to DrStrange

Anon

to DrStrange
I missed that 612 number posted.

I tried that from my MJ, also, and it worked fine.
jsb825
Premium Member
join:2003-10-08
Exeter, NH

jsb825

Premium Member

I take that back. I had 218 for the number.. not 612...

yup it works.. my bad!! sorry guys!

Still can't reach conference services.. I did however get the conference service to provide me with a different number that bypasses the blocks put in place by MJ.. Take that MJ.. FCC report made!!

prestonlewis
Premium Member
join:2003-04-13
Sacramento, CA

prestonlewis to jsb825

Premium Member

to jsb825
Boy, what a wild rant for a wrong number.