FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to MRCUR

Premium Member

to MRCUR

Re: Is anyone surprised?

I'm not surprised. Two friends of mine just switched from AT&T to Verizon in the last week, cutting a total of 5 family lines over to Verizon. And NONE of them were iPhone users. And they aren't even data users - just voice services. The reason - they kept dropping calls, especially while on the move in their cars.

And my brother & his wife want to switch too, but haven't yet because the sister-in-law is an iPhone fanatic. If the iPhone ever becomes available elsewhere, especially Verizon, then AT&T is history.

While these are just a couple of anecdotal stories that AT&T denigrates, I think it shows they have a very serious problem if they can't keep iPhone exclusivity and a somewhat serious problem even if they do.
itguy05
join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

itguy05

quote:
And my brother & his wife want to switch too, but haven't yet because the sister-in-law is an iPhone fanatic. If the iPhone ever becomes available elsewhere, especially Verizon, then AT&T is history
Highly doubful. AT&T was #1 for years before the iPhone. Churn was going down before the iPhone.

I have both and Verizon is overhyped. Good brainwashing, yes, cell service - average. And no I'm not a CR subscriber.

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

1 edit

en102 to FFH5

to FFH5
Apple won't care for exclusivity... it just wants $$$
Whether $$$ comes from AT&T paying them off, or from another carrier.

I use AT&T here because it works (for me), and I don't have an iPhone. Work discounts don't hurt either. It would be either Sprint or AT&T (both give emp discounts to me). Sprint has fixed its network recently, but has only LG/Sanyo/Samsung devices, and no SIMs.
DarnellP
join:2004-10-12
Las Vegas, NV

DarnellP

said by en102:

Apple won't care for exclusivity... it just wants $$$
Whether $$$ comes from AT&T paying them off, or from another carrier.

I use AT&T here because it works (for me), and I don't have an iPhone. Work discounts don't hurt either. It would be either Sprint or AT&T (both give emp discounts to me). Sprint has fixed its network recently, but has only LG/Sanyo/Samsung devices, and no SIMs.
Not true. They have RIM Blackberry, HTC, Palm and Motorola devices also.

Spektor
@rcn.com

Spektor to en102

Anon

to en102
Um, no. Apple definitely should care that AT&T's poor service is hurting the reputation of the iPhone and Apple itself! A large number of people resent the fact Apple has kept this exclusivity deal going for so long with such a company. Bad, bad karma!

MrMaster
Rum Connoisseur
Premium Member
join:2000-12-16
St Thomas, VI

MrMaster to itguy05

Premium Member

to itguy05
said by itguy05:

quote:
And my brother & his wife want to switch too, but haven't yet because the sister-in-law is an iPhone fanatic. If the iPhone ever becomes available elsewhere, especially Verizon, then AT&T is history
Highly doubful. AT&T was #1 for years before the iPhone. Churn was going down before the iPhone.

I have both and Verizon is overhyped. Good brainwashing, yes, cell service - average. And no I'm not a CR subscriber.
They were #1 in what? customers? That was for maybe 1 -2 yrs only. With the iphone exclusive hopefully going away the network should actually improve. Less stress on it because people are going to other networks for the iphone.

I'm with AT&T only because most people I know are with them and it saves me money. I'm glad to finally have 3G but as 1 poster already mentioned, it is very erratic.