Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia

Premium Member

Satisfied as with any carrier

The reason I have not defected from AT&T is despite some periods of data network issues, no other carrier has near their coverage in my area. Not even Verizon Wireless(2nd place). T-Mobile, oddly enough has the best coverage within my city, but are terrible in other parts of the county, but they probably are 3rd here. I never did test Sprint due to horror stories locally from people I know and the closing of so many sprint stores around here. Virgin mobile is dead last. They hardly have 2 bars half the time in my city, and can't even be used in most of the smaller towns outside my city, even worse than T-Mobile in that regard.

Lesson learned? You have to choose a carrier for how it performs in your area. Not a satisfaction survey. I am, however, considering going to Verizon Wireless as it seems possible for me to get decent EVDO service with a mobile antenna and possibly a repeater in my home. I may make that investment to fill in the low areas of VZW's signal so I can move on to 3G from home =)