dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Inc price hikes
This is a sub-selection from Charter lives on...
RWOTB
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04

RWOTB to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2

Re: Charter lives on...

Geez, I didn't realize every post had to have exact details and personal opinions based on a certain number of people.

Did I say I thought Charter was great? I have not. I am commenting based on what I know of other people's experiences, including my own. People also rate services based on personal experience - not "in whole". (Did I not just read your personal experiences in your post?) Furthermore, not every single customer has rated their service with each and every company (since you seem to want exact numbers).

I didn't say you were wrong, nor was I questioning your intelligence. I was simply saying not everyone shares your viewpoint regarding Time Warner and Comcast. As you mentioned in your response, everyone has different experiences and opinions and you have perfectly stated, "That's life."
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

Where you are wrong in this case is the fact that *I*, the one who made the OP, is talking about an industry as a whole.. entities as a whole... and here you come in with a response/rebut trying to discredit my post with a personal experience...

And, I'm sorry, too, becuase when we're talking about a topic, ON CONTEXT, many users like to come in with ambiguous statements like you made about a person experience and the fact that you simply had problems and don't like them.

Seriously, what that sounds like in a discussion is when you have your parents talking with friends about something large, and the kid comes in and says "I made a picture out of shells"... (I say this in the kind of in the spirit of Simon Cowell)

You just said "I didn't say you were wrong"...well, you didn't say I was right. When you're talking in a group, especially on line, one has to put a little more effort into what they are saying in their post. While what you're trying to say may make sense to you, to the rest of us, and especially the one that has not only made the OP, shaping the context of the thread, the post was mine.. one has to respond TO that, or be ready to get a reply like mine, from someone that IS interested in talking about a topic.

So yes.. in THIS discussion, the context is about the industry in whole.. ie: TWC and Comcast is FAR superior over Charter".. and then you tried to refute it by stating, in general, that becuase of a "personal experience" you don't believe that... You also come in and made an assertion that I said "every post" had to have exact numbers.. etc".. um... well, I didn't say it, but in this case, you're the one who made the bland statement.. based on the context of this tread.. you remain incorrect trying to force your side..

.. sorry.. it's how I see it. And, if we were apply proper communication skills here, you're mostly in the wrong here.. not that it's about right or wrong.. I'm just saying, you can't expect someone like me, who DOES put a lot into this posts, to not say something in return.. I'm talking about red apples, you're talking about green ones... you're not talking oranges.. just a different color of that apple.

To sum it up, easily.. I AM talking about the industry at whole.. you're not.
RWOTB
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04

RWOTB

Premium Member

said by fiberguy2:

trying to discredit my post with a personal experience...
I questioned your extreme FAR Superior statement because of personal experiences of people I know. No sarcasm was used. Sorry if you felt it was implied.
said by fiberguy2:

trying to force your side..
Umm, no I'm not. You're the one that has taken such exception to my post as opposed to your views.
said by fiberguy2:

You also come in and made an assertion that I said "every post" had to have exact numbers.. etc"..
said by fiberguy2:

When you rank a service, IN WHOLE, it's not always based on a personal experience or two.
I guess this statement was what lead me to make an ambiguous statement - or two.
said by fiberguy2:

many users like to come in with ambiguous statements like you made about a person experience and the fact that you simply had problems and don't like them.
Yep. That's what forums are for - many can post - not just you. You did note your personal experiences with Time Warner and Comcast. The facts I stated involved experiences my son and my friend's parents had.
said by fiberguy2:

one has to put a little more effort into what they are saying in their post. While what you're trying to say may make sense to you, to the rest of us, and especially the one that has not only made the OP, shaping the context of the thread, the post was mine.. one has to respond TO that, or be ready to get a reply like mine, from someone that IS interested in talking about a topic.
said by fiberguy2:
said by just_asking :
said by fiberguy2:

Comcast and Time Warner service is FAR superior to that of Charter...
And you say that based on .. ??
... you'd have to be living under a rock to ask that question.. I won't dignify it with an answer.
Than you had better follow your own posting rules.
said by just_asking :

Thought so.
...and you better blast this person as well for not posting to your specifications.
said by fiberguy2:

And, if we were apply proper communication skills here,
said by fiberguy2:

Seriously, what that sounds like in a discussion is when you have your parents talking with friends about something large, and the kid comes in and says
Try applying proper communication skills and get your facts straight when you post. My son is an adult - I did not call him a "kid". I was referring to my friend's parents. My parents are dead.

To the OP, I'm sorry this has gotten off-topic.
Expand your moderator at work
« Inc price hikes
This is a sub-selection from Charter lives on...