spc
Search similar:

uniqs

dylanboy
@216.132.134.x

dylanboy to sded

Anon

to sded

Re: False positive in Avast! or is it real?

agree with your take -- seems to have occurred a couple or so hours after Avast! update notice this afternoon. not real comfortable turning it off at this time, but may have to. have also discovered that once you "move to chest," you are no longer able to access shortcut to subject app. nice.

Siko
Premium Member
join:2006-11-27
Mechanicsburg, PA

Siko to onDvine

Premium Member

to onDvine
Wouldn't it be funny if someone hacked Avast! and sent the hacked database so everyone would receive this FP.

lets see
@vodacom.co.za

lets see to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
I guess the safe thing to do is switch off avast and your net connection

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

1 recommendation

lilhurricane to luckyj

Numquam oblita

to luckyj
said by luckyj :

I know....No option to "take no action".....However, I just "X'ed" out the window and it closed taking no action. FYI
Interesting. I also got a warning when opening Spybot.
But I had (and used) the take no action button

trig
join:2007-09-05

trig to onDvine

to onDvine
I am getting the same thing. I just today talked a friend into installing avast. He has called me also. I hope a fix is found soon. trig

meme
@bellsouth.net

meme to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
no, that would not be funny.

Kerr
@twtelecom.net

Kerr to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
Ya same here rofl, It killed spybot, ands Bwefore i finally got this page loaded I set it to boot time scan, how do i stop it? I didn't let it close firefox so it won't restart me.

Floy_Dizzle
@cox.net

Floy_Dizzle to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
I'm glad I'm not the only one... It's been reporting Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj] for all my production software that I've been using for years with no problems... I hope avast fixes this as soon as possible... I have an album that is supposed to be released next month...

hsv4lyf
@optusnet.com.au

hsv4lyf to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
Exact same problem here, Avast found numerous infected files of Win32:Delf-zg [trj] and Win32:Zbot-MKK [Trj] programs included Tuneup utilities, imgburn, AVS Video Converter 6 also don't know what files I have lost but quite a few have gone missing from my desktop. Hope this problem gets fixed soon. Does anyone know if I do a system restore if it will restore the infected files? Think I'll be uninstalling avast and using MSE until the problem has been fixed.

Anon_user
@virginmedia.com

Anon_user to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
I am getting the same problem. Everything is a virus.

pe8774pe8859
@comcast.net

pe8774pe8859 to Dilbert10

Anon

to Dilbert10
Not sure what you would be grousing about if your data is properly backed up and you have a clean image of your system (Ghost or True Image) to quickly re-install when needed. For free software, Avast! is one of the better products around IMHO. System restore is not as important as having a clean image to work with.

avastishit
@as43234.net

avastishit to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
just deleted half my fruity loops install and god knows what else before i realised it was having me on, so annoyed right now, thankfully just reinstalled fruity loops and everything still works. i was ready to throw my computer out the window

rein
@comcast.net

rein to hsv4lyf

Anon

to hsv4lyf
Restore any files from the chest that you allowed avast to put there and then stop the standard shield provider. This worked for me to make my programs run again.

Loya
@69.171.166.x

Loya to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
Wow... This made me think the worst. I was trying to hurry and backup everything but now that I find out it's nothing more than a mistake (It seems anyway) I find this to be bad. This was as bad as their "Explorer.exe" incident a few months back or two. Hopefully we'll hear a word from them.

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium Member
join:2001-08-27
Canada

MarkAW to onDvine

Premium Member

to onDvine
Avast updated and started flagging all my security Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Online Armour, a-2 Anti-Malware etc. programs as trojans and locked up all four of my computers i had to go into safe mode with network so that i could come on here and see f this has happened to anyone else.

snathi
@cia.com

snathi to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
I just started getting the same odd behavior from Avast. I copied a so called infected file to two other computers, one with clamwin and one with Norton. Neither of those detected any infection. Avast is obviously gone senile.

Its a Secret
Please speak into the microphone
Premium Member
join:2008-02-23
Da wet coast

Its a Secret to onDvine

Premium Member

to onDvine
Just got this for Spybot. A glitch I assume.

Foxstrife
@comcast.net

Foxstrife to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
My AORC+ (offline relay chat to ingame chat for MMO i play) got FP'ed as well as my speedfan and Teamspeak 2 client

No go on Avast site cause its swamped...

I am turning it off and waiting for new update

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland

CCat to onDvine

MVM

to onDvine
Just flagged Tune Up Utilities and an audio converter.

royhandy9
Panem et circenses
Premium Member
join:2000-05-23
Yesterday

royhandy9 to onDvine

Premium Member

to onDvine
Combofix is also flagged.

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium Member
Canada

MarkAW to onDvine

Premium Member

to onDvine
Can anyone get to the avast forum? I've been trying now for 10 mins and can't get to the forum.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium Member
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC

Pentangle to onDvine

Premium Member

to onDvine
Once again Acronis True Image saved my bacon. Three day old image installed, Avast updates changed to manual from automatic and I'm good to go.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane to MarkAW

Numquam oblita

to MarkAW
I was there a few minutes ago..took a long while
No official comment as yet that I could see.

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium Member
Canada

MarkAW

Premium Member

Thanks lil.
terryinwva
join:2007-12-15

terryinwva to eggbored

to eggbored
just thank you everyone! I did a search on win32:Dlf-MZG, etc. and landed here. I, too, have been running Security Essentials for maybe a week. And tonight Avast! just went nuts. kmplayer was one of mine too, but I stopped on-access protection because I had just finished using kmplayer, so I was suspicious. You all have eased my mind. Time for some shopping.

xabbing
@nucleus.com

xabbing to royhandy9

Anon

to royhandy9

Ugly Bug

I hope behind the scenes the avast elves are working on the problem, all I've seen in their forums is a rote reply of
'Test it elsewhere, then send it to us if it's really a false positive'

I'm really dreading tomorrow morning, I've got a dozen clients using the pro version and it's got the same problem as the free one at the moment.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

2 edits

Smith6612 to MarkAW

MVM

to MarkAW

Re: False positive in Avast! or is it real?

I've been getting onto their site on and off (it just loaded slowly now). Though I might point out, I do have the latest definition files installed and I'm not getting any alerts what so ever. Am I perhaps in a unique case or is it because I only have the Standard Shield running on the normal setting? My Virus chest is empty and the system is running fine, as well as my other boxes. I did get a notice from my older PCs a few days ago saying Avast! had an update which I installed, and those have been silent none the less. I manually checked for definitions updates as well just a few minutes ago, for both program and the iAVS files. Had nothing to install.
ThePendragon
join:2009-12-02
Vancouver, WA

ThePendragon to terryinwva

to terryinwva
Well looks like I have 2 seriously screwed up PCs now...Went through boot scans it it foudn many items and moved them to chest...and now it will not a good number of programs launch saying the executables are infected nor will it let me reinstall them. AT the moment I am manually copying what files I can out of one system that did not get it's chest emptied. If I can fix it I may get back the other one with a restire....I hope

PiZZaBoB
@rogers.com

PiZZaBoB to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine

well I rebooted my pc and when I went to open teamspeak all the bells and whistles went off hummm wtf is going on. then more went off so off I go looking in forums started here on page one now 4 lol

some things going on with avast I turned it off and reinstalled my ant - vir and alls working good no virus so I keep an eye here to see whats going on with avast if I find anything I will post good luck all

rein
@comcast.net

rein to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
There is now a wave following this issue. if you are on wave search

"with:public avast antivirus false positive"