spc
Search similar:

uniqs

antlion3
@cox.net

antlion3 to Smith6612

Anon

to Smith6612

Re: False positive in Avast! or is it real?

JEEZ!!!! even my portableapps.exe was trojan!!! I deleted it and downloaded it again to make sure... it's definitely a mistake.

An0nym0u5
@comcast.net

An0nym0u5 to MarkAW

Anon

to MarkAW
Yep the forum is having trouble...and the Win32:Delf-MZG alert for Spybot 1.62 appears to be a false positive after analysis (binary comparison with a clean copy is identical)...wonder when the Avast folks will come to the same conclusion....

Went ahead and uninstalled Spybot until this issue is resolved.

ChuckyBear
@bellsouth.net

ChuckyBear to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
Avast!!!! Whats up!! Just about everything is showing trojan alerts now. It dumped a large portion of my programs into the virus chest and there gone!! Thank god I just backed my system up last week... Can't even re-download spybot or anything else, Avast terminates the connections.

Anyone gotten through on the Avast Forum?

seadog75
Premium Member
join:2008-01-25
Hooksett, NH

seadog75 to xabbing

Premium Member

to xabbing

Re: Ugly Bug

Right with you all. Just flagged Beyond Compare exe and several DLLs from Opera. I'm on Pro also. I hopoe rein is correct in moving them out of the chest and removing the standard shield. Really don't want to rebuild now! Too much to do...

opsmp
@bellsouth.net

opsmp to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine

Just uninstalled Avast and installed AVG until Avast can fix this issue. Have been a big user of Avast for several years now and several of my customers run the server version of this program hope they do not get the same issues.

xabbing
@nucleus.com

xabbing to Smith6612

Anon

to Smith6612
I'd think your just lucky, I generally run with it turned off completely (all my email comes through my own server which does the scanning, and I do a manual scan on anything I think suspicious (I'd never tell a client to do this )
After getting a call from a client working late tonight I turned it on (just the standard shield as that's all thats installed) and it found a dozen almost immediately and half of them were our own tools all written in various version of Delphi. I KNOW they're clean as they are run off a read only share and haven't changed in months.

erkme73
@verizon.net

erkme73 to Smith6612

Anon

to Smith6612
I didn't have any alerts either, but my dad did. Out of curiosity, I did a manual scan, and at the memory test phase, it went nuts. Then it reboot my system (no warning). Then tried running a dos-level scan. I aborted and turned off the program.

If you have the latest virus database, you will not know the problem is there until you either do a manual scan, download something, or install something that passes through the shield.

I read with curiosity here, and then tried the scan. That's when i found it.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to Big Neil

to Big Neil
said by Big Neil :

Avast said that Mailwasher Pro (Firetrust) and Wimpy FLV player were both infected with Win32:Delf-MZG.
It flagged Mailwasher Pro for me also. At that point I realized that Avast is just drunk tonight.
Expand your moderator at work

dloe
@hawaiiantel.net

dloe to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine

kmplayer was also flagged lol

Donka
@rr.com

Donka to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
I also got this win32:delf-mzg notification tonight when I attempted to activate my WEB CEO from my desktop. No option to ignore so I just X out of it... now I cannot access my WEBCEO from anywhere on my PC. I ran a Avast scan on it and all the bells and whistles when off about 5 times.

I sent a email to WEB CEO thinking it had something to do with the update I had done earlier in the day, then googled this "trojan" and found this place :O)

Would love to know, in a language I can understand what is going on.

Tata
@veloxzone.com.br

Tata to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
Gentem!!!! estou com esse aviso de vírus desde sexta-feira!!!! deixei o avast rodar e exclui um monte de arquivos sexta (27/11) e mais 45 hoje!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sou leiga nesses assuntos de programas... pra mim estava tudo bem!!! O que devo fazer???? Minha internet vai ficando lenta até o ponto de ficar travada... para continuar usando só reiniciando a máquina. E sempre que reinicio e começo a usar a máquina indica infecção de novo vírus pedindo para scanear novamente com o avast.... Me ajudem!!!!!! Por favor

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to CCat

to CCat
said by CCat:

Just flagged Tune Up Utilities and an audio converter.
Flagged Glary Utilities as well.

egood71
You Gotta Love It
Premium Member
join:2000-08-28
Defuniak Springs, FL

egood71 to onDvine

Premium Member

to onDvine
Ok, thought I might have been hit by something, but everyone else is having the same prob.

dbm
@d-infinitum.com.mx

dbm to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
FP -- hitting practically everything on my computer with either a Win32:Delf-MZG or Win32:Zbot-MKK

dbm

azdude
@cox.net

azdude to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
from the Avast Forum: (good tip UNINSTALL AVAST before you screw you OS, if damage done start in safe mode and remove AVAST until they get a fix out.

Dear Avast programmers,

I hope by now you have realized that your latest Database-Update caused countless false Alarms. I know it sounds like it’s no problem, because hopefully every user may soon realize that his entire computer is not a giant virus…

However I would like to point out a serious flaw in your Antivirus-Program:
Since it now detects a lot of programs as a virus/trojan it also begins to detect vital programs that an operating system depends on as a virus. After that of course it begins to block the detected program and denies access until the problem is resolved. This however results in a total breakdown of the operation system. I just experienced it myself and the

only solution to use the operating system is to restart in the “SAFE MODE” by pressing F8 before Windows starts and delete Avast in the Safe Mode for the time being...

I hope you realize what damage your Software can cause by a mistake by this magnitude…

By the way: I’m a freelance computer technician in Germany and it’s about 02:41 AM in Germany. If you keep the update in your system until 9:00 AM, I get to repair a lot of computers and earn a lot of money today

By the way people:
The problem started as soon as I restarted my computer. It will probably happen to you, too. I recommend to uninstall AVAST as long as you can, until the problem is solved.

But be sure to reinstall it as soon as the problem is fixed Wink

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

Thanks for that post. I did restart one of my machines as well, and it didn't have anything flagged, so I might have lucked out. This Vista machine however, I haven't rebooted yet but it has been folding away.

BleedTheSky
@67.226.235.x

BleedTheSky to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
I'm playing Final Fantasy XI through a windowed version and my launcher.exe and hook.dll files are being flagged on my system. My dad's having problems with his Tune Up Utilities as well.

Captive0
@96.19.54.x

Captive0 to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
I had the same issue. Deleted the infected files (since i blindly trusted Avast) and crashed my Burn Engine on DVD Fab as well as some Gadgets. Will just reinstall deleted files and wait for another Update from Avast. Would hate to be their development team right now!!

skywalker
@rima-tde.net

skywalker to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
Me parece que avast se volvio loco a mi tambien me paso lo que comentais Despues de la actualizacion se puso A por todas partes el virus de cantar me destrozó Tune Up y controladores de PC

Satanum
@cable.net.co

Satanum to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
The same here... alerting about Win32.Zbot.Trojan on Deep Freeze executables. Avast goes crazy!

JoefromLA
@verizon.net

JoefromLA to fatness

Anon

to fatness
Came home today after leaving my computer on, and found the Avast warning on the screen. I couldn't get rid of the "trojans", so did a system restore (after removing a supposedly infected program). The Avast Trojan warning (Win32:Dell-MZG) came back up. As others have said, there is something wrong. here.

princepanda
@bellsouth.net

princepanda to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
I am so glad this is not something that can harm me... thought it was just me... because i was on some naughty websites and the av scared thought i was screwed by some rogue virus but happy nothings wrong lol

myname150
@comcast.net

myname150 to egood71

Anon

to egood71
Yeap. Mine just went off trying to use Auslogics BoostSpeed.

i opened up avast, the memory test didnt cause it to go off.

Skype seems to be working as well.

KMplayer is also not working now with the same error

Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj] Was detected >:|

sampler
@comcast.net

sampler to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
Avast is totally screwed up right now. You will need to shut off your avast program until they get this mess worked out. Right click on the icon in your system tray and turn off the program.

jerryc1
@comcast.net

jerryc1 to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
I, too, have one seriously affected desktop, behaving like I had a file infector ravage through my exe's. I know it's a false positive yet before I stopped my boot scan, many executables were moved to the virus chest and will not return them to their programs.

Unfortunately, I can't even uninstall Avast

DarKiska
@myvzw.com

DarKiska to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
Just got home and took the Avast update - same problem. Everything I try to do is getting the message and some web pages won't open. My EfficientPIM calendar/planning seems to have disappeared. I am stopping Avast right now.

azdude
@cox.net

azdude to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
"Avast is totally screwed up right now. You will need to shut off your avast program until they get this mess worked out. Right click on the icon in your system tray and turn off the program."

Turn off if you leave your computer on, but I'd uninstall before you restart or shutdown if you have to restart or shut down. Use something else temporarily

handy_kiev
@ikbcc.com

handy_kiev to onDvine

Anon

to onDvine
the main word in all of it is...

SIGN of....
not a trojan itself!

I was about to kill to much information, before I realized it's just a fake alarm. Programmer at avast got drunk and pushed 0 instead of 1.

handy
»www.handy.com.ua

kjax
@bellsouth.net

kjax to BleedTheSky

Anon

to BleedTheSky
My VISTA 64 Machine Upgraded Avast to v4.8.1369 this PM
Not a flag with a therough scan --- My XP Pro Machines both had MANY Hits with win32:delf-mzg(trj) ---This is a False Positive.---