Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem to ctggzg

Premium Member

to ctggzg

Re: Uninstall?

Well, some people may not know how to turn it off, so nuking it is the easy button.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK

Premium Member

Problem is that some people might turn it off, and it's going to turn back on when they reboot, and may do a scheduled scan, or etc or someone else will be on PC, etc

Result: Disaster
ctggzg
Premium Member
join:2005-02-11
USA

ctggzg

Premium Member

I meant disabling the services, but I suppose most people don't know about that either.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

said by ctggzg:

I meant disabling the services, but I suppose most people don't know about that either.
I think a lot of people did know about disabling in Msconfig Services and Startup tabs but Avast didn't give them time to do that before it took full control of the computer, rebooted it and started the memory scan and began deleting files right and left. Plus, some didn't know and tried to disable it from the systray and couldn't and didn't understand that first they needed to disable self protection. I read where one person did not have enough time to disable self protection before a spontaneous reboot.

aqk
join:2006-07-17
Elgin, QC

aqk to DrModem

to DrModem
said by DrModem:

Well, some people may not know how to turn it off, so nuking it is the easy button.
LOL! Where is the "Easy button" in Windows?

For me, it's a lot easier for my Auntie Matilda to right-click the "little blue revolving a", and then "stop online access protection", than to click on -
-START
-Settings
-control panel
and then.. AND THEN! search for the add/remove button..
AND THEN! go look for the Avast uninstall line...
LOL!
In any event I have not seen this bug, and I have AVAST currently running on three of my home PCs.
Must be a slow news day...