share rss forum feed

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to DrModem

Re: Uninstall?

Problem is that some people might turn it off, and it's going to turn back on when they reboot, and may do a scheduled scan, or etc or someone else will be on PC, etc

Result: Disaster
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

ctggzg
Premium
join:2005-02-11
USA
kudos:2
I meant disabling the services, but I suppose most people don't know about that either.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
said by ctggzg:

I meant disabling the services, but I suppose most people don't know about that either.
I think a lot of people did know about disabling in Msconfig Services and Startup tabs but Avast didn't give them time to do that before it took full control of the computer, rebooted it and started the memory scan and began deleting files right and left. Plus, some didn't know and tried to disable it from the systray and couldn't and didn't understand that first they needed to disable self protection. I read where one person did not have enough time to disable self protection before a spontaneous reboot.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson