BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to Farchord

Premium Member

to Farchord

Re: Equal speeds ruling

Not sure I follow you. Are you talking about MTS DSL? To my knowledge most of their business offering is fiber not DSL.

Farchord
Lost somewhere.
join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC

Farchord

said by BACONATOR26:

Not sure I follow you. Are you talking about MTS DSL? To my knowledge most of their business offering is fiber not DSL.
No no I mean about ADSL GAS ISPs.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

Dont believe MTS even sells any dsl here on a consumer basis.They are just fightin the good fight.Maybe wanna move in later and offer more competition?

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to Farchord

Premium Member

to Farchord
said by Farchord:

said by BACONATOR26:

No no I mean about ADSL GAS ISPs.
So yes, in our case Bell will screw us but only because no one is buying their service anymore (as Bell said themselves in the last few annual reports) by crippling GAS they don't reduce churn or increase new subscriptions, they just lose revenue. With MTS, their market for GAS is rather small, they have their own DSLAMs in major regions.
BACONATOR26

BACONATOR26 to andyb

Premium Member

to andyb
said by andyb:

Dont believe MTS even sells any dsl here on a consumer basis.They are just fightin the good fight.Maybe wanna move in later and offer more competition?
Allstream is a business unit only so they will never offer consumer service and MTS is only in Manitoba.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

Think they sell some business stuff here but again no idea for sure.As for dsl there is nothing stopping them.They sell it in Manitoba

pstewart
Premium Member
join:2005-10-12
Peterborough, ON

pstewart to jfmezei

Premium Member

to jfmezei
said by jfmezei:

Langford is gone. Yes, it would be very nice to lunch with him and learn from him, it appears that he has made himself invisible so he can lead a normal life.

What we need is RALPH DONCASTER !

Yes, RALPH DONCASTER !

As long as RALPH DONCASTER was in business, Bell kept matching the speeds and made GAS affordable. But with RALPH DONCASTER gone, Bell stopped matching speeds and started to screw with GAS.

Bell knew that RALPH wouldn't let them lie to the CRTC. Bell was scared shitless of RALPH. With RALPH out of the picture, Bell gets away with all the lies it wants.

If RALPH were a commissioner, imagine the grilling Bell would get at every public hearing... The ratings for the CRTC hearings would go through the roof.

LOL - you're joking right? Bell was never *afraid* of Ralph... they unfortunately used him as a pet, that's about it.... sad story.

Farchord
Lost somewhere.
join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC

Farchord

said by pstewart:

said by jfmezei:

Langford is gone. Yes, it would be very nice to lunch with him and learn from him, it appears that he has made himself invisible so he can lead a normal life.

What we need is RALPH DONCASTER !

Yes, RALPH DONCASTER !

As long as RALPH DONCASTER was in business, Bell kept matching the speeds and made GAS affordable. But with RALPH DONCASTER gone, Bell stopped matching speeds and started to screw with GAS.

Bell knew that RALPH wouldn't let them lie to the CRTC. Bell was scared shitless of RALPH. With RALPH out of the picture, Bell gets away with all the lies it wants.

If RALPH were a commissioner, imagine the grilling Bell would get at every public hearing... The ratings for the CRTC hearings would go through the roof.

LOL - you're joking right? Bell was never *afraid* of Ralph... they unfortunately used him as a pet, that's about it.... sad story.
You know, it's always been itchin' me...

Is your name Patrick Stewart? XD

Jaser
@teksavvy.com

Jaser to jfmezei

Anon

to jfmezei
So I guess the Globalive decision kinda blows out of the water our theory that bad news is always released on a Friday?
a1_Andy
Premium Member
join:2005-12-29
Oshawa, ON

a1_Andy

Premium Member

said by Jaser :

So I guess the Globalive decision kinda blows out of the water our theory that bad news is always released on a Friday?
It was bad news for bell rogers and telus.
jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei

Premium Member

BTW, I got unofficial indication yesterday that the 2 decisions are, for all practical purposes, suspended until the review process is complete in september of next year.

I.E. the CRTC won't try to enforce them. So there is no hope of a speed increase, and there won't be any request for Bell to file new tarifs with higher speeds.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to jfmezei

Premium Member

to jfmezei
What about the proposed UBB tariff? Is that suspended too or will it reach a final determination as normal?
jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei

Premium Member

The tariff was filed by Bell Canada and Bell Canada has every right to expect a decision. Remember that it is *now* pitched as a tariff which includes approved ITMP practices and whose charges implement a CRTC favoured economic ITMP measure.

The CRTC could have stayed the tariff process back in march when Bell filed its petition, (wait for cabinet decision to proceed). It did not. And in August, it declared the tariff to be compliant with the equal speeds decision.

So there is no reason to expect the CRTC to do suspend processing.

Our only hope is that the tariff is rejected and Bell told that if it wants to implement Sympatico's funky ITMPs on GAS, that GAS would first have to be made equal to Sympatico.