spc
uniqs

cameronsfx
join:2009-01-08
Panama City, FL

cameronsfx to Joe12345678

to Joe12345678

Re: all av have the false / bugs from time to time and I did not

Say what you want, us Norton users don't have total incompetence like that. Well, unless you use M$'s crappy virus scanner or that laughable M$ "firewall" that blocks the Internet. LOL!

Avast*
Microsoft Bad? Try us! Geeks Love Us!

*Avast does not guarantee a great, well, good, well, any experience. Using this virus, er, progam releases us of all liability. We offer no support whatsoever even if our program destroys your computer, your sanity, and your kids. MACs won't allow our program to install. It says, "Kidding, right?"

Send complaints to vladimirkrumsky@avast.com.
cameronsfx

cameronsfx

Yes, Avast is made in the Czech Republic. Go figure!
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

said by cameronsfx:

Not too far from the hackers, thieves, mafia, and con men from Romania and Russia.
Expand your moderator at work
jayton
join:2003-12-16
Woodstock, GA

jayton to patcat88

to patcat88

Re: all av have the false / bugs from time to time and I did not

said by patcat88:

said by cameronsfx:

Not too far from the hackers, thieves, mafia, and con men from Romania and Russia.
The hackers, thieves, and con men are on the same team as the security software people. That is how they stay in business.

fireflier
Coffee. . .Need Coffee
Premium Member
join:2001-05-25
Limbo

fireflier to cameronsfx

Premium Member

to cameronsfx
So everything made in the Czech Republic is bad?

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to jayton

Premium Member

to jayton
there is more to be made in prolonging a problem than to fix it
ArrayList

ArrayList to fireflier

Premium Member

to fireflier
no the women are great :P

JimmyArms
join:2008-01-09
Sault Ste Marie, ON

JimmyArms to fireflier

to fireflier
No...Czechvar is good!

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75 to patcat88

Premium Member

to patcat88
said by patcat88:

said by cameronsfx:

Right, because there are no hackers, thieves, mafia or con men in the US.

Double O7
@208.84.191.x

Double O7

Anon

Right, because there are no hackers, thieves, mafia or con men in the US.

There are plenty in the gov. & private sector.
me3
Premium Member
join:2009-12-03
australia

me3 to cameronsfx

Premium Member

to cameronsfx
said by cameronsfx:

Say what you want, us Norton users don't have total incompetence like that.
Thanks, I will, because I find ignorant bigots just as offensive as corporate thieves and conmen. Symantec's past is riddled with widely documented incompetence and, more pointedly, dismissive denials and unreasonably delayed responses. Mistakes, both small and large happen, and any and all can argue until they're blue in the face about why they shouldn't, but it's how one deals with those mistakes that shows their true measure, and that's why ALWIL still have my business despite this recent incident. So while it wouldn't suprise me if that product you're lauding still flags ZERO-BYTE files (with blacklisted filenames) as viruses (or if AVG still forced users to quit the real-time scanner to access falsely flagged files,) it doesn't suprise me that ALWIL had a fix in place for their screwup as quickly as they did.

cameronsfx
join:2009-01-08
Panama City, FL

cameronsfx to fireflier

to fireflier
said by fireflier:

So everything made in the Czech Republic is bad?
Wasn't the Yugo made there? No, that was Yugoslavia.

Well, the Czech Republic, especially Prague, is known as a enslaved child prostitution country according to the reports from the FBI and Interpol. On any night, you can go there and find rows of Mercedes--Germans. I think it was 20/20 that reported on it too. Organizations against it worldwide do. Asia (Thailand) is the second worst and 150 Americans got busted by the FBI in a sting a few years ago.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pr ··· Republic

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven to cameronsfx

to cameronsfx
said by cameronsfx:

Say what you want, us Norton users don't have total incompetence like that. Well, unless you use M$'s crappy virus scanner or that laughable M$ "firewall" that blocks the Internet. LOL!
Don't even get me started on Norton. It let almost everything through.. and their NIS decided to eat a gig of memory on a system that has a gig of memory, therefore making the HDD go nuts for a few days nonstop.

..and you can't stop it.. Can't kill it with SYSTEM level access, it just suddenly decides to have a mind of its' own and takes your computer over.

I will NEVER buy another Norton product again.