spc
Search similar:

uniqs
blainedead
join:2009-12-03
Maryville, TN

blainedead

2wire 2701hg-b internet connection

I posted this in the AT&T Southeast forum before I found this one. Hope not to ruffle too many feathers by moving/reposting.

I just got a 2Wire 2701hg-b, with no install cd. First thing I did was search numerous forums, thought I found everything I needed to know to install it, and began. Everything was good until this point. I cannot get it to connect to the internet. In the setup wizard of gateway.2wire.net, everything shows ok except it says it is "unable to contact the configuration server."

dsl signal found on line 1
ppp login successful
internet address verified
isp link- domain name server found
config server link- unable to contact

What have I missed? I know its probably something simple.

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

You should have a internet connection
The error message
is referring to the isp's configuration server and that will not prevent you from using the internet

If you can't browse it may be something else
Open a command prompt and ping this address
If you can ping and tracert this address but cannot browse to it you may not have the correct username/password
blainedead
join:2009-12-03
Maryville, TN

blainedead

Problem solved...apparently my password had expired, and needed to be reset. Thanks!!!

OFBulldog
@qwest.net

OFBulldog to blainedead

Anon

to blainedead
said by blainedead:

dsl signal found on line 1
ppp login successful
internet address verified
isp link- domain name server found

If you got this, you're password wasn't an issue. Most likely, their server was being flakey and just couldn't connect. The modem would have retried again in 24 hrs anyway. Wayjac is right tho, you should still be able to browse