share rss forum feed

myosh

join:2001-05-03
Cupertino, CA

2 recommendations

reply to spewak

Re: Get ready for it

said by spewak:

"Under the new model, Comcast would own one out of every five viewing hours on television."

Here comes the super-fantastic "Attack of the Show" to your humble abodes!
Gaaahhhh! Your comment brought back horrible memories I had watching TechTV get shredded to bits by the hands of Comcast and G4.

If you didn't know, "Attack of the Show" used to be known as "The Screen Savers" on TechTV before Comcast got their grubby hands on the network, merged it with their crappy G4 gaming network and fired all the TechTV employees. The Screen Saves was funny and informative, Attack of the Show is pure garbage.

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom

I seriously dislike Comcast for that, Tech TV was a outstanding network. They need to bring it back on the air. I don't think it is right that a content owner also owns the distribution system in a lot of towns and cities. I hope this gets shut down but sadly, it probably won't I also have a suspicion that Comcast has an eye for Mediacom
I know of Revision 3 and Twit are those the best sites for TechTV "memories"?

myosh

join:2001-05-03
Cupertino, CA

said by IowaMan:

I seriously dislike Comcast for that, Tech TV was a outstanding network. They need to bring it back on the air ...
I know of Revision 3 and Twit are those the best sites for TechTV "memories"?
Yes. Revision3's CEO is Jim Louderback (Fresh Gear) with Kevin Rose, Roger Chang and Patrick Norton (all from The Screen Savers) as the on-air talent. Leo Laporte runs the TWiT network with appearances from Kevin Rose, Patrick Norton, John C Dvorak (Silicon Spin), Roger Chang, and a host of other former TechTV on-air talent. Dvorak also has a show on the PCMag digital network called CrankyGeeks along with Robert Heron (The Screen Savers) who hosts DL.TV. All Revision3 and PCMag shows are video shows while TWiT is more of a Netcast/Podcast audio network.

I still hold the belief that TechTV would be flourishing if it was still around today but because of Comcast's meddling, three pretty successful networks rose from TechTV's ashes.