All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
RonR
join:2003-10-10
Ash Flat, AR

RonR to macman4hire

to macman4hire

Re: IPComms Free DIDs now with sip registration maybe??

said by macman4hire:

Number works with my X-Lite softphone but not with Sip Sorcery. Sip Sorcery appears to register the SIP creds but it will not ring the line when called.
There is now a solution to making IPComms DID's work with Sip Sorcery without adding a new account or other kludgery.

Simply log into your IPComms account at »sipconnect.ipcomms.net/index.php using your DID credentials. Select DID on the left side and edit the destination field on the lower right

sip/did_number@sipsorcery.com

to:
sip/username@sipsorcery.com

Then everything should work normally at Sip Sorcery as other DID's do.
macman4hire
join:2009-03-30
Port Saint Lucie, FL

macman4hire

RonR,

Thanks for posting this solution and making us aware of IPComms the control panel.
khabibul35
join:2009-09-06
sweden

khabibul35 to RonR

to RonR
said by RonR:

said by macman4hire:

Number works with my X-Lite softphone but not with Sip Sorcery. Sip Sorcery appears to register the SIP creds but it will not ring the line when called.
There is now a solution to making IPComms DID's work with Sip Sorcery without adding a new account or other kludgery.

Simply log into your IPComms account at »sipconnect.ipcomms.net/index.php using your DID credentials. Select DID on the left side and edit the destination field on the lower right

sip/did_number@sipsorcery.com

to:
sip/username@sipsorcery.com

Then everything should work normally at Sip Sorcery as other DID's do.
Umm, this just makes it so the SIP URI is forwarded, which IPcomms has been allowing since the begging. You still can't register the service with sipsorcery.
macman4hire
Port Saint Lucie, FL

macman4hire

khabibul35,

Its seems some people can register their IPComm DID directly and other can not. I have not seen anyone posting an answer as to why this is happening. Forwarding the SIP URI works fine for purposes but I would like to the registration problems corrected.
RonR
join:2003-10-10
Ash Flat, AR

RonR to khabibul35

to khabibul35
said by khabibul35:

You still can't register the service with sipsorcery.
Newly issued free DID's from IPComms support registration and older accounts will be converted upon request.

SIP registration to an IPComms DID from Sip Sorcery is not a problem. The problem arises after SIP registration because IPComms sends SIP packets addressed to
<did_number@sipsorcery.com>

instead of
<uusername@sipsorcery.com>

Sip Sorcery is sending the correct Contact information to IPComms, but IPComms is ignoring it and using did_number instead. Instead of fixing their bug, they are allowing the user to set up forwarding through a previously restricted control panel. I would rather they fixed the bug properly, but this seems like the next best solution.
OmagicQ
Posting in a thread near you
join:2003-10-23
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ to RonR

to RonR
said by RonR:

Simply log into your IPComms account at »sipconnect.ipcomms.net/index.php using your DID credentials. Select DID on the left side and edit the destination field on the lower right.
Thanks! With this I am able to change the did destination to any sip uri I want, which for me is better than IP forwarding or sip registration. Its now identical to how IPKall works and probably more reliable. This brings me to 4 forwardable dids (2 paid 2 free). I tried forwarding to voxalot and callcentric, both worked.
macman4hire
Port Saint Lucie, FL

macman4hire to RonR

to RonR
I just wanted inform everyone that my account was blocked from accessing the »sipconnect.ipcomms.net/index.php login page after I changed the destination to sip/myname@forward.dyndns.org. It seems they did not like this destination or glitch occurred. I had no trouble with sip/me@sipsorcery.com. I was not trying anything surreptitious in nature and cannot readily distinguish the difference dyndns.org vs. sipsorcery.com. Tomorrow I will contact support to see if using dyndns.org is approved and if they will restore my access sipcoonnect.ipcomms.net/index.php page. I will keep everyone posted.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to RonR

Premium Member

to RonR
said by RonR:

For those who have an account with IPComms and can log into its SIP page through the above link, what is the does your DESTINATION field contain SIP// as default? On mine, the DESTINATION field contains SIP//, yet callers hear two ringing tones and followed by engaged tones.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to macman4hire

Premium Member

to macman4hire

This deal is getting worse all the timeLando Calrissian
said by macman4hire:

I just wanted inform everyone that my account was blocked from accessing the »sipconnect.ipcomms.net/index.php login page after I changed the destination to sip/myname@forward.dyndns.org. It seems they did not like this destination or glitch occurred.....
Thanks much for the updates. Much appreciated. These people really seem to be very irritating.
beaver
join:2006-03-12
Beaverton,OR

1 recommendation

beaver to RonR

to RonR
said by RonR:

SIP registration to an IPComms DID from Sip Sorcery is not a problem. The problem arises after SIP registration because IPComms sends SIP packets addressed to
<did_number@sipsorcery.com>

instead of
<uusername@sipsorcery.com>

Sip Sorcery is sending the correct Contact information to IPComms, but IPComms is ignoring it and using did_number instead. Instead of fixing their bug, they are allowing the user to set up forwarding through a previously restricted control panel. I would rather they fixed the bug properly, but this seems like the next best solution.
Interesting. I observed ipcomms changed my did_number (issued by ipcomms) to username (of my ss account). They must be working to fix the problem RonR mentioned above.

At the first days, my ipcomms account displayed my did_number as username.
SIP URI : sipconnect.ipcomms.net
Username : xxx.xxx.xxxx (ipcomms DID)
Password :

Today, it changes to
SIP URI : sipconnect.ipcomms.net
Username : xxxxxx (my ss account name)
Password :

my sipsorcery SIP works either way since it's setup.

btw, ipcomms audio quality is not better than "paid" voip (my family has ooma). but sounds better than ipkall. Its CID feature is similar to sipgate. inbound call goes with correct CID while outbound call is with GV# + city name.
tcallan
join:2007-07-18
Clifton Park, NY

tcallan

It appears to me that the IPComms interface at

»sipconnect.ipcomms.net/

will now only allow one destination to be assigned to my free DID number.

I had two assigned, the internal IPCOMMS SIP number and another SIP forwarding number, and calls to the free DID never connected.

I potzed and got it down to just the forwarding SIP and it started working.

But when I tried to add a second destination, the record would not be created, though I got no error message.

I have one destination, and it can be edited, but I cannot create a second. And I suspect that the mere presence of a second created a problem that allowed incoming calls to fail.

Anyone else seen this?
beaver
join:2006-03-12
Beaverton,OR

beaver

I just used one.