Search similar:

uniqs

Paul09
@twtelecom.net

Paul09

Anon

Still bad

Shame on cableone

Someone here claimed that many of the northwestern customers are suffereing bandwidth issues because of a backhaul problem, if thats the case WOW 2 weeks and still no resolution. I love paying 90 dollars a month for 200 Kilobytes a second YAY!.

Im starting to think it may be a smarter idea to go to qwest 7mbit plan at least its never thottled and it gives what is advertised.

Ill report back in 1 week, when I do decide to do this.

air4ce
@cableone.net

air4ce

Anon

out of sioux city ia worst its been my speed test on there site local was 3 mb remote alittle over 1.7 mb pay the 10 mb down 1 mb up this is crap and no i wasnt throttled

Bigsease30
@cableone.net

Bigsease30 to Paul09

Anon

to Paul09
Same here in Sherman, TX. I pay for the 10/1 and when I run a speed test it maxes out at 3mb and slowly drops. The upload speed seems like it has been running right. Been like this for 3 weeks. When i call cableone, they always act like it is my router/computer depending on who I speak to. No one wants to admit that they are having problems!
timecast
join:2009-11-28
Nampa, ID

timecast to Paul09

to Paul09
Well I have been working with CableOne for about 3 weeks now regarding the issue, had a Supervisor come out and run tests with the network engineers on the other end of the phone.

The funny thing is on Wednesday it seemed that network lag and speed issue was resolved until it came back on Friday.

Personally I suspect Time Warner which provides the backbone to Cable One, from previous experience in the enterprise field it was almost a monthly or even more frequent network failure, when it came to Time Warner.

I still don't think they have a clue as to what is going on, 3 weeks is a long time not to resolve a network issue especially as Cable One says they monitor their network 24/7/365.

As for me in the Treasure Valley (Idaho) region, I really don't have any other "true" high speed internet provider, hopefully quest will have their fiber dropped in early January.

Not to mention what Cable One charges for internet speeds is ridiculous compared to what the average American pays and receives higher speeds than what I get.... 12 down/1.5 up at $99.00 bucks a month, just to get around the throttling.
YodaGoneMad
join:2009-12-06
Denison, TX

YodaGoneMad to Paul09

to Paul09
I am actually in Denison Bigsease and having the same issues. It is nice to hear that I am not alone. I talked to someone tonight and he said he would forward it to network engineers, sadly I don't know if they will be able to do anything, and it is really killing my online gameplay.

dash
@cableone.net

dash to Paul09

Anon

to Paul09
I got fed up with the crap, I have the Business Premium/old soho 12/1.5 plan and was getting 300k down and 1600k up. Not right at all some kind of speed cap? I did not reach my daily or monthly cap with 300k down.

I ditched the moto and reged a non moto non rented modem online with no call to tech two things happened.
1 I can hit 10mb-13mb on a speed test again
2 My bandwidth Usage meter is not counting anymore and lost all past bandwidth usage data from past months

New modem mac address is the reason for no bandwidth history, is it also the reason for normal speeds?

Can do netflix HD/vudo again!!!!

Don't know maybe I am fos on the cap and the moto was broke some how. I have no splitter on my line I use dish for tv, but my drop comes off the last pole out of town near bfe. Go figure