All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Lemm
@rogers.com

Lemm

Anon

Rogers Email Password Randomly Rejected?

Ok I have a @rogers.com email and I have been having this problem for months now. When I try to login to my email I get this error:
"There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.brntfd.phub.net.cable.rogers.com', Server: 'pop.brntfd.phub.net.cable.rogers.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Error logging in. Please visit »mail.yahoo.com', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"

Now here is the weird thing. Some days I can login to my email fine and it'll work for a lengthy period of time - 10 hrs +. Then the next day when I try to log in I get the password rejected message which can last days straight. Then suddenly It will work perfectly again. This problem is when I use Outlook Express but I have also tried Thunderbird and get same problem. Any help would be great. I can only use my email 1/4 of the time, it's driving me crazy!.

Tordek7
Make the outages go away
Premium Member
join:2009-09-07
Great White

Tordek7

Premium Member

What are your mail servers.. É (which is question mark... stupid laptop)
'pop.brntfd.phub.net.cable.rogers.com' seems awfully strange to me. almost like the internals. Is this a RCI or Rogers email É

Lemmi
@rogers.com

Lemmi to Lemm

Anon

to Lemm
Ingoing: pop.brntfd.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Outgoing: smtp.brntfd.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

It's a rogers email.

LeadFoot
@rogers.com

LeadFoot

Anon

Try changing
Incoming to: pop.broadband.rogers.com
Outgoing to: smtp.broadband.rogers.com

Also make sure your POP3 port is set to 110 and your SMTP is set to 587.
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

Sunfox

Rogers email has been a bit flakey for the past few days (which is to say it will randomly reject your password and/or take forever to connect - this is not new behavior, but hasn't been seen in a while).

Tordek7
Make the outages go away
Premium Member
join:2009-09-07
Great White

Tordek7 to Lemm

Premium Member

to Lemm
My rogers email and others push direct to my iphone. I have never had a problem with rejections.

brookz
join:2003-06-26
Kitchener, ON

brookz to Lemm

to Lemm
I have mine set through outlook and I occasionally get that random rejection as well. I just click okay so it tries again and it works fine.

When I say occasionally, I mean like maybe 1 or 2 times in a couple months
sunrisecc
join:2004-04-24
North York, ON

sunrisecc to Lemm

to Lemm
I too have see this and it definitely comes and goes in stages.

Lemmi
@rogers.com

Lemmi

Anon

I tried changing the ingoing / outgoing but still have the same problem :/ this is really annoying I only have email access 1/2 the time.