spc
uniqs
28619103 (banned)
join:2009-03-01

3 edits

28619103 (banned) to IPPlanMan

to IPPlanMan

Re: IPPlanMan considers the business tier

• Many ISPs are picking a threshold as a commercial differentiator. Comcast is probably the highest with a threshold.
• I and many people use all the services you specified including TV streaming within the cap. I believe Netflix would probably say they are very successful within all the "excessive limitations" you claim.

As usual you twist others words, state corner cases, make speculative statements and fail to answer the questions posed.

Should you pay more if your service usage costs more than what you are billed for? Or should all the "email checkers" fund your usage?

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

said by 28619103:

Should you pay more if your service usage costs more than what you are billed for? Or should all the "email checkers" fund your usage?
That's not what I said at all.

Please show me how someone's internet binge costs you. Comcast already has different speed/cost tiers for users. Problem is that the cap is no higher for the 50/10 than it is for the 1/384.

Some honest questions:
1) Do you believe that you already pay too much for HSI?

2) I think answer to your questions/concerns is "metered" billing if you get the feeling that you're paying for the use of thers. Do you support that for Comcast HSI?

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 recommendation

Sunny

Are you wanting to discuss something about metered billing not already covered?

From the first post:

Metered Billing?
»Metered billing system, discussed many times
»If metered, What cost would you pay?
»Metered billing again
Sunny

2 edits

1 recommendation

Sunny to IPPlanMan

to IPPlanMan
said by user=IPPlanMan :

Problem is that the cap is no higher for the 50/10 than it is for the 1/384.

Hashed to death. Please, let's not keep going over and over this. This issue bothers you, even though it has been pointed out repeatedly:

There are different prices for different speed tiers. Higher prices buy you greater speed, not more bandwidth. If you want more bandwidth, it is available at yet a different price. As a consumer, I have choices. So do you. Talking about it forever in this topic isn't going to change that.

Is there anything new on this aspect of the topic?
said by IPPlanMan:

Some honest questions:
1) Do you believe that you already pay too much for HSI?
My honest answer is that I wouldn't pay the price if I didn't think it was fair. Short answer: no
WernerSchutz
join:2009-08-04
Sugar Land, TX

WernerSchutz to IPPlanMan

to IPPlanMan
We pay too much for HSI depending on what is provided. Speed is fine but the cap is not. I have no issue paying more for the business class, which I do, given the lack of competition and available alternatives, HOWEVER, the fact that that people have been kicked off even after trying to upgrade to this higher class service is an issue, not to mention our buddy from the "abuse" department and the lecture.

good one
@comcast.net

good one

Anon

No one is forcing anyone to use Comcast. If you don't like their terms or the way they do business, then don't use their service.