All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

AlexNYC
join:2001-06-02
Edwards, CO

AlexNYC

If they can't crack the passowrd, do I get the money back?

So what if they can't crack the password? May I have a refund?
Brute force dictionary crackers are for lame script kiddies.
I use bulgarian slang words mixed with digits. Good luck cracking that with the oxford dictionary.
Lazlow
join:2006-08-07
Saint Louis, MO

Lazlow

No. From the link:

"The job costs the same whether we find your password or not."

I would suspect that they will be running the unsolved passwords whenever their system is not in use by a paying customer. This would allow them to be constantly increasing their tables(constantly improving product) with minimal costs.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by Lazlow:

This would allow them to be constantly increasing their tables(constantly improving product) with minimal costs.
And my minimal, you mean the minimal electrical, cooling, and storage costs to operate a 400 machine server farm 24/7, right?
Lazlow
Saint Louis, MO

Lazlow

The machines will have to be running 24/7 anyway(customers use the service 24/7).

The difference will be between the machines idling(when not in use by a customer) and running at full capacity. The cost difference between the two states is minimal.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by Lazlow:

The machines will have to be running 24/7 anyway(customers use the service 24/7).

The difference will be between the machines idling(when not in use by a customer) and running at full capacity. The cost difference between the two states is minimal.
Depends on how they are configured. All my computers run much cooler at idle then at 100% CPU usage. Computers also theoretically could be spun down or put in a sleep state and only brought back online if there is a current request to be processed, depending on the sophistication of the cloud.
bobytt
join:2007-07-17
Miami Beach, FL

bobytt to AlexNYC

to AlexNYC
Do you use Cyrillic letters? Something like

@43@C?

AlexNYC
join:2001-06-02
Edwards, CO

AlexNYC

said by bobytt:

Do you use Cyrillic letters? Something like

@43@C?

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to Lazlow

Premium Member

to Lazlow
said by Lazlow:

Well the premise is ridiculous. Assuming a 50% success rate (which is way way too high), the "unsolved problems" would take over the system in short order.
Lazlow
Saint Louis, MO

Lazlow

If you had actually read the initial post you wold see why your post is ill conceived.

"whenever their system is not in use by a paying customer"

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

3 edits

DataRiker

Premium Member

said by Lazlow:

If you had actually read the initial post you wold see why your post is ill conceived.

"whenever their system is not in use by a paying customer"
If we did what you propose, there could be no customers.

In fact, one password would send this system into work for an eternity. ( no cluster in the world will crack a 63 character password in our lifetime )