spc
Search similar:

uniqs

CPUYODA
join:2003-01-25
Johnson City, TN

CPUYODA

This is why...

You use a password,...and limit the number of IPs the router will dole out(and MAC assigned).

"Yes Bobby,...you cracked it,....and it still won't work"...
Pv8man
join:2008-07-24
Hammond, IN

Pv8man

Then it's only a matter of time before they can see one of the clients on the network log off, and use their IP address.

Even if you use a MAC address filter, I can sniff the clients in the air and get their MAC and use a De-auth attack to kick them off the router, then spoof your MAC to one of the clients.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to CPUYODA

Premium Member

to CPUYODA
WPA2 with a strong password non dictionary password. making your AP so unattractive they will go and freeload somewhere else. because if they want in they will get in.
Pv8man
join:2008-07-24
Hammond, IN

Pv8man

True, that theory is very plausible.

Unless, the person happen to be a neighbor living near that signal, and nothing else is close enough to connect to.

In which case, time is what you would have

But my main point that I'm trying to get across is EVERYTHING is crackable eventually, given enough time and resources.

and I believe that the secret worldwide ACTA treaty that will enforce anti-piracy to the fullest extent, is very dangerous, because they can't just say, that everybody in the whole house must loose their internet connection, because they happened receive a notice about copyrighted material coming from that IP.

it's just madness (not to mention almost impossible), to make ISP's into net nannies.

But I think the ISP's will go for it because it would give them the right to start getting involved in "Behavioral advertising" while they are already getting involved with users traffic.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

just watch if the ACTA becomes "Law" many ISPs will have fouls and and balls to go with strikes, because a customer is profit.