Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom

2 edits

Official Mediacom Email Discussion Thread

»mediacomupdate.com/Portal/conten···855&b=70

So it's now been 6 hours past the start of this new system and we still haven,t been provided the "information"
ADDED: Looks alot like "Outlook"

gAynonymous

join:2009-12-06
Harvest, AL

Re: New Mediacom Email

Aye Captain, I like new things.. Can't wait to see it.
--
I Speak for the Customer about the employer

gubr

@mchsi.com
reply to wth
When I opened my Outlook this morning, mediacom started downloading 900+ emails, all of which went into my unread mail folder. They were duplicates of past emails. And I am not receiving my regular email since last night. Wonder where those emails are now? Do I need to configure something in Outlook to adjust for this new mediacom email system?

lotusracer
Premium
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by gubr :

When I opened my Outlook this morning, mediacom started downloading 900+ emails, all of which went into my unread mail folder. They were duplicates of past emails. And I am not receiving my regular email since last night. Wonder where those emails are now? Do I need to configure something in Outlook to adjust for this new mediacom email system?
I'm wondering if the change affected mail too... I can't send messages using Thunderbird.

Get the message: connecting to smtp server failed, etc, etc.
--
Humanity - The greatest natural disaster of all time.

k9iua6

join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to wth
I can't even get to the webmail server at the moment. So I presume it is all still being worked on. Give them time.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
reply to wth
Not even 9am and the moderator is at work already?
And I got 3 duplicate emails this morning, as mediacom must have overlapped the 2 mail servers last night.

thedragonmas

join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
said by wth:

Not even 9am and the moderator is at work already?
And I got 3 duplicate emails this morning, as mediacom must have overlapped the 2 mail servers last night.
thats an "automatic" held by system, i.e. it was either an anon poster that posted a url or something else that triggerd the system.

looks just like outlook, now if we could just change the colors of things it would be great.

and yeah i have duplicate emails from about the last 3 days.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to wth
Looks like you should be able to login on this page, but the description is wrong as you'll need your emai address in the top line, and not your username. The webpage below is what appears after you logout, but you can re-login there.

»mail.mchsi.com/zimbra/?loginOp=logout

oletheos

@responsestaff.com
reply to wth
i want to know how i can set it up so i can see all my mchsi.com accounts thru the webmail like i could before without having to log out and back into seperate accounts.

oh and knowing the new servers to fix my mail client at home would be nice too.

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
reply to wth
I have a few duplicate emails from the last few days showing in the web mail program. I can send from Mediacom web mail successfully but I have not received new emails that were just sent, i.e. work email to mchsi email.

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by drslash:

I have not received new emails that were just sent, i.e. work email to mchsi email.
Same here. It's been 15 min since I sent an email from work to .mchsi.com.....and it still hasn't showed up. Clicking on "inbox" and "get mail" doesn't do it either.

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit
said by wth:

said by drslash:

I have not received new emails that were just sent, i.e. work email to mchsi email.
Same here. It's been 15 min since I sent an email from work to .mchsi.com.....and it still hasn't showed up. Clicking on "inbox" and "get mail" doesn't do it either.
It's starting to remind me of "the good old days" with @home. Persistent e-mail issues were pretty standard back then.

Oops, edited post to mention that a test message sent to myself via the new webmail came into Thunderbird about 5 minutes later. This shows me that Thunderbird is likely connecting to the servers, but it still won't send a message.

--

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to wth
said by wth:

said by drslash:

40 minutes have passed, still nothing in the "inbox"

k9iua6

join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA
reply to wth
The commcenter.mchsi.com address just "fails" in Foxfie with a message about a bad certificate, etc., and does not redirect you anywhere or give you new instructions. Hopefully they will fix that, as the e-mails set out as announcements so far hadn't given any new URLs to use.

irnhd

@mchsi.com
reply to wth
i called mediacom this morning they have a recording that saya they know about the email problem and are trying to fix it..

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to wth
said by wth:

said by wth:

said by drslash:

40 minutes have passed, still nothing in the "inbox"
Still nothing after 80 min....

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
reply to wth
Interesting that all the years they have had email at the U of Iowa, we've never had a problem like that. Any big maint/upgrades they have done here over the years were done AT NIGHT ON WEEKENDS......not weekdays.

thedragonmas

join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
reply to oletheos
said by oletheos :

i want to know how i can set it up so i can see all my mchsi.com accounts thru the webmail like i could before without having to log out and back into seperate accounts.

oh and knowing the new servers to fix my mail client at home would be nice too.
its in the preferances. dig around for it its there. i saw it when i was looking over things.

mchsi

@wellsfargo.com
reply to wth
been trying to send through my smartphone all morning and cannot. just says messages cannot be sent. i cannot receive either (well @ 3am this morning i got like 300 emails) but since then nothing. anyone have the new pop3 settings? are they the same? have they not released any?

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by mchsi :

anyone have the new pop3 settings? are they the same? have they not released any?
as I have received a few (2?) 'pop' e-mails, wonder if we can assume the settings remain the same?
--

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA
reply to wth
Hopefully Mediacom is/was smart enough to be queing up all of the email that's trying to flow into their new untested mail server/s.

VandalDuck

@bdo.com
reply to wth
I just received a bounce back at work. I had sent a message to my MCHSI account as a test...didn't ever come through. Just received an "Undeliverable" message. My exchange server has stopped trying to send.

Great...

mchsi

@wellsfargo.com
reply to wth
i just got a few from sysadmin saying messages not delivered....joy...

Santa Fe
Living With Diabetes.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
reply to wth
It's their new SPAM filtering option, if we don't deliver it you won't GET it!

mchsi

@wellsfargo.com
reply to wth
The server returned the following error message: Relay access denied

wth
Premium
Iowa City,IA

1 edit
reply to wth
It's still down. Can't send or recieve.

Just the type of service you want just B4 the holiday season, when your looking for order conformation & shipping emails.

oletheos

@responsestaff.com
reply to wth
i sent a test from my work email this morning, still hasn't come.
and then just now i sent one from the online email to my work and it came instantly

ahent

join:2006-10-06
Johnston, IA
reply to wth
Holy cow, this sucks. They were notifying us way in advance so it was no surprise to their guys (or gals) and they should have been ready for trouble. This sucks, I have been through many upgrades through other systems, the duplicate e-mail is normal, but not having any e-mail for what, 12 hours now, is not normal. Come on mediacom, get it together for us.

VandalDuck

@bdo.com
reply to wth
I have sent email to my office from the new on-line email software and the email came through right away. I just cannot receive anything...and it appears that e-mails are being bounced back to the sender as "Undeliverable".

Great....just great.....

ahent

join:2006-10-06
Johnston, IA
reply to wth
The bounce back must be new since noon (central time). I tested my home account by sending from my work account at about noon, and I got no bounce back.