Search similar:

uniqs

tarispissed
@mchsi.com

tarispissed to v_lestat

Anon

to v_lestat

Re: New Mediacom Email

The e-mail has been down for more than a day in the Fort Wayne area. Why? Can't even get through on the phone to find out as they are blocking calls stating their capacity has been exceeded. Bologna!!!!!!
As much as we are charged for internet service, these service interuptions happen all to frequently!!!!
I have lost money due to this e-mail outage and I am steaming mad. Medicom has been a BIG pain in the ars yet they have no problem raising rates with "fees" and such. They need to have some competition in my area....right now it is all we have and they know it so they screw us with sh#t service and high rates!

This is UNACCEPTABLE!!! Hope Comcast will come to this area so I can drop Mediacom like they drop the ball on customers here in this area.

twocatnite
@mchsi.com

twocatnite to wth

Anon

to wth
'http://I just got a whole flood of old emails again!!!!!!

ahent
join:2006-10-06
Johnston, IA

ahent to Ful_Throttle

to Ful_Throttle
said by Ful_Throttle :

said by upsetwith :

What a bunch of crap I get a call from 2 customers who are upset since I did not respond to there orders they sent on email. I never got them now they canceled them and I lost out on $5575.00 of sales. Thanks Mediacom again what a gutless company.
so your order system relies on E-MAIL ??

You have no secondary e-mail backup for your BUSINESS? REally?

You do know that e-mail is NEVER to be relied upon right??
You understand that e-mail is not instant and has several points of failure?

I am not saying mediacom didn't mess up their upgrade, but for you to blame them for your shortsightedness in setting up your business order and process system is a little much don't you think?
Calm down, Ful_Throttle most people, me included, think that the "S" in ISP stands for "Service." Service which is lacking greatly right now. I have dealt with many ISPs and I have never had an email snafu like this.
threexk
join:2009-01-13

threexk to upsetwith

to upsetwith
said by upsetwith :

What a bunch of crap I get a call from 2 customers who are upset since I did not respond to there orders they sent on email. I never got them now they canceled them and I lost out on $5575.00 of sales. Thanks Mediacom again what a gutless company.
Do you have business service with Mediacom? If not, then I don't think you have a legitimate complaint about the lost money. You're not supposed to run a business out of a personal account, i.e., they're not responsible for making sure your e-mail is reliable enough that you don't lose money.

I do think it is reasonable for people to be upset about the downtime though, but I think in cases people are getting a little too upset.

RadioOp
@omcastbusiness.net

RadioOp to wth

Anon

to wth
I think I found my issue, but I cannot fix it.

I am at my office (which has Comcast for ISP) and I CAN get to my mchsi web mail, but from home I cannot.

I found that if you lookup mail.mchsi.com OUTSIDE of the mchsi network it resolves to 97.64.187.44, but from home on the mchsi network it still resolves to the 204.127.203.151 address. Looks to me like Mediacom is not updating their internal DNS servers to point to the new mail server address.

This is basic networking 101, come on mediacom, I am a netowrk admin, and if you cannot remember to update your DNS servers, then you need to find another job...

Sad when I have to get on a competitors network just to check my mchsi email...
threexk
join:2009-01-13

threexk to wth

to wth
Calm down, everyone! Obviously, Mediacom botched the transition, but it's only been a day or so, and better e-mail is on the way. Yeah, they should've done a better job at minimizing the downtime, but these things are definitely not easy.
Nth
join:2003-12-10
Franklin, NC

Nth to wth

to wth
Ya, try having the transition from Mediacom to Morris. 5 days of no net+ all the email and phone issue not to mention router problems that are still on going. Mediacom was crap in my area (last mile and behind the scenes) but were still having a router issue from time to time. One thing good i can say is the last mile side has improved but i have made friends with all the local tech's so when theres a problem i just call them and they come right out

Final Straw
@mchsi.com

Final Straw to ahent

Anon

to ahent
There is no excuse for this. I haven't received emails in almost two days. I am in the middle of huge transition of committee assignments at church of which I am big part of and I have probably missed 50 emails on the situation. It's a nightmare. I had to open a gmail account and asked about 15 people to resend emails to me. I have spent hours of my life trying to clean this up. Between my family, work, church, Christmas, etc...I don't have time for this right now. I'm just ranting but I AM LEAVING MEDIACOM OVER THIS. QWEST will have a new customer in January and I am switching my cable to Dish just because I want nothing to do with this company. MediaCom is clearly not run by competent professionals.

RadioOp
@omcastbusiness.net

1 recommendation

RadioOp to RadioOp

Anon

to RadioOp
Okay, I did fix the problem.

I had to reboot my cable modem and firewall.

What I found is Medicacom changed DNS servers. My box was still pointing to the other DNS servers and when I rebooted them I got new ones which now resolve mail.mchsi.com to the 97.X.X.X address. Now I am getting email in my outlook and I can access the new web portal.

Try rebooting your modem and firewall, make sure you flush your DNS cache on your PC's, or simply reboot them too. You can flush your DNS cache on your pc by going out to a cmd window and typing

ipconfig /flushdns

But only do that after you reboot your modem and firewall (if you have one).

Good luck to all.

Ful_Throttle
@mchsi.com

Ful_Throttle to ahent

Anon

to ahent
said by ahent:

said by Ful_Throttle :

said by upsetwith :

so your order system relies on E-MAIL ??

You have no secondary e-mail backup for your BUSINESS? REally?

You do know that e-mail is NEVER to be relied upon right??
You understand that e-mail is not instant and has several points of failure?

I am not saying mediacom didn't mess up their upgrade, but for you to blame them for your shortsightedness in setting up your business order and process system is a little much don't you think?
Calm down, Ful_Throttle most people, me included, think that the "S" in ISP stands for "Service." Service which is lacking greatly right now. I have dealt with many ISPs and I have never had an email snafu like this.

I am perfectly calm

My post has nothing to do with the ISP, but the poster who is upset because his business suffered because of e-mail problems.

I don't know anything about his business or how his customers contact him to order. I DO know however not to rely on e-mail, as it is not perfect.

Ok, maybe I was a bit excited when I typed that
peace out.

Nollen
@sbcglobal.net

Nollen to wth

Anon

to wth
I'm so glad I found this forum. I've been having horrible issues trying to send mchsi email through Thunderbird all week and have many "missing" emails which have never appeared in my inbox - not even through webmail. I knew they were switching mail servers, but had no idea it would create this many issues and for this long. I tried calling and got the recorded message that they're working on it - but was sure it would be fixed by now.

I'll definitely keep checking back to see what, if anything, anyone can find out...and even though it's terribly annoying, it's somewhat comforting to know it's not just ME and that I haven't screwed something up by jacking around with my pop and smtp settings!
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly to Nth

to Nth
I just found this thread and changed my servers as suggested, finally after two days i can send and receive again!!

Incoming
mail.mediacombb.net
SSL
Port 995

Outgoing
mail.mediacombb.net
SSL
Port 465

If i try without SSL and the standard 25/110 i can receive but i can't send, it says something about the outgoing mail servers security certificate and that authorization is required. Turn on SSL and it sends fine here.

No ideas on the webmail, don't use it... I use Windows Live Mail on Windows 7.

tarmin8or
@mchsi.com

tarmin8or

Anon

That works for me too. Thank you for the post!!!!

HereInNC
@mchsi.com

HereInNC to wth

Anon

to wth
Okay, Changed my mail servers in Outlook. I can recieve email now, sending still isnt working correctly. I can send, but takes forever to get where it is going...

Maybe one day...

lotusracer
Premium Member
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL

lotusracer to kb0nly

Premium Member

to kb0nly
Seems to work here too, Thanks!
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly to tarmin8or

to tarmin8or
Your welcome glad i could help...

HereInNC... As long as you can actually send on your end, it leaves your outbox, then the other problems should be fixed soon. I talked to tech support here and they said there will be some delays in sent mail across the system in some areas. Its almost instant here as i can send an email from my Mediacom account to my godaddy email account and its there in seconds.

For the last two days i couldn't get anything to leave my outbox and i had to resort to sending email through my godaddy account so i can get replies out by changing the from address on each email sitting in my outbox.

Either way it appears to be for the better, i can send email a LOT faster now.

RadioOp
@omcastbusiness.net

RadioOp to HereInNC

Anon

to HereInNC
I am not sure changing your servers to mail.mediacombb.net is going to fix the issues nor is a good idea. mail.mchsi.com and mail.mediacombb.net resolve to different IP addresses.

Mediacom stated that NO CHANGES should be necessary, which there should not be any. What they neglected to say was that you most likely will need to reboot your modem and firewall to get the updated DNS servers.

I would do that before changing any mail settings...rebooting everything fixed my problem and mail flows in and out just like normal...no delays at all. I am still pointing to mail.mchsi.com as my servers too.

Nollen
@sbcglobal.net

Nollen to kb0nly

Anon

to kb0nly
Woo! Dude, you rock!

I used these new settings and my test email sent! So far, it has yet to show up in my inbox...but the mere fact it went through at all is a huge improvement! All I had to do was click through the security certificate and create an exception and it sent successfully.

Now...if it shows up in my inbox, my troubles will be over.
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly to RadioOp

to RadioOp
I rebooted my modem like a half dozen times, rebooted all computers, flushed DNS, you name it.. Still couldnt send email...

Changed the servers and it worked first try. I will however contact tech support again to verify.

The Mediacom guy that serves my area was kind enough to give me his personal cell number for problems, he will know more than the general 800 number which goes to a call center two states from here...

Standby..

ahent
join:2006-10-06
Johnston, IA

ahent to wth

to wth
My ports are already set for 995 and 465 with ssl. You need this to access mail when you are off the mediacom network (i.e laptop at airport or motel). I am curious if I am going to have to change the servers to get off network email service after this change.

tarmin8or
@mchsi.com

tarmin8or to kb0nly

Anon

to kb0nly
I can send but it is not arriving to recipient yet, sends from outbox but don't know if and when they arrive at destination.
Really nice of Mediacom to let customers know this up front.

RadioOp
@omcastbusiness.net

RadioOp to kb0nly

Anon

to kb0nly
One thing to check is make sure your DNS servers are not hard set in your modem or firewall. I had a friend on Mediacom that still was having problems after reboot, and he found his firewall had the old DNS servers hard coded, he switched them to dynamic, rebooted the firewall and modem again, and he was working fine.

One way to check is to open a CMD window and type

ping mail.mchsi.com

If it says trying to ping a 204.X.X.X address, then your DNS is still not right. If it says a 97.X.X.X address, then it is okay.
MediacomJoel
join:2009-10-03

MediacomJoel to wth

to wth
We do apologize for this issue and are currently working to restore the email. As stated, there have been a few issues with the new system. I assure you, this has been given high priority and we are working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Deleted emails reappearing is mainly related to timing and should not happen in the future. Please delete the unwanted mail.

We have been having issues with delays and not being able to receive emails. I assure you the email has not been lost. We expect all the delay issues to be resolved within the next 48 hours.

There should be no need for changes to the outbound or inbound email servers that are already set up. There was a slight issue, but it has been corrected.

Once again, we apologize and are working to get all the issues resolved. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Sengfeng
join:2006-10-16
Davenport, IA

Sengfeng to RadioOp

to RadioOp
said by RadioOp :

Mediacom stated that NO CHANGES should be necessary, which there should not be any. What they neglected to say was that you most likely will need to reboot your modem and firewall to get the updated DNS servers.
I do not, and will not, use Mediacom's DNS servers. They've always been slow, and, well... Sucky. If they put a mail server address in play that isn't propagated to public DNS servers, that's a major fail.
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly to RadioOp

to RadioOp
RadioOp....

I did all that, the DNS is not hard set in anything here, all i have is the stock Mediacom modem, the RCA unit which is not a router and has no firewall, that is followed up by a Linksys router and is set to dynamic and dhcp for everything.

Running the CMD...

Pinging mail.mchsi.com [97.64.187.44]

Request Timed Out.....

But if i ping the new server...

Pinging mail.mediacombb.net [97.64.187.40]

I get very quick replies, hardly any lag at all.

Trouble Now
@mchsi.com

Trouble Now to MediacomJoel

Anon

to MediacomJoel
I did change my in and out and SSL to the settings suggested above AND it does work. I am able to SEND email (which I have not been able to do for a day and a half) from Outlook!
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

Just verified with my local service tech..

Server change is required according to him, and he has reset the servers on 15 computers since hitting the road this morning...

Sorry it took so long to verify and post this, DSL Reports was giving me a 503 error after hitting refresh.

mchsitroubl
@csiweb.net

mchsitroubl to kb0nly

Anon

to kb0nly
The new mail site (mediacombb.net) resolved my issues for now, but I do get an error message when I initialize the program regarding safety at site. After accepting that, my operation seems normal. May try resetting back to old site after a few days to see if it works.

Thanks for the information.

RadioOp
@omcastbusiness.net

RadioOp to kb0nly

Anon

to kb0nly
That must be an issue in your area only. I am able to ping either server without issue...

lotusracer
Premium Member
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL

lotusracer to mchsitroubl

Premium Member

to mchsitroubl
said by mchsitroubl :

The new mail site (mediacombb.net) resolved my issues for now, but I do get an error message when I initialize the program regarding safety at site. After accepting that, my operation seems normal. May try resetting back to old site after a few days to see if it works.

Thanks for the information.
Yes, that safety thing is a pain, but it's nice to have things working again.